Author Topic: Sunn Sonic1  (Read 2942 times)

Offline Bill Matthews

Sunn Sonic1
« on: August 11, 2001, 09:04:00 pm »
I was wondering if any of you folks could help me.  I was given a Sonic 1 as a basket case, and here's the problem.. First of all the tube chart is gone, and is the front panel containing the grille cloth (if you know anyone who has one I would greatly appreciate the lead), so I don't know what phase inverter tube goes in it.  I heard the early ones came with a 6AN8, and the later ones came with a 7199. I took a look at the schematic for the 7199 model here on this site, and it is fairly close to what I have, but has some of what I would call considerable differences mostly regarding pin 7, and the treble pot.  Just to make matters worse, there is no date marked on the chassis, this is the first time I ever saw this. If it helps there is a what looks like a metal foil sticker on the chassis for the serial # it has since rusted almost totally, but I can make out a few of the numbers... they are 2006.  Does anyone out ther have a schematic for the 6AN8 version?  Any help, and or information on this amp would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks Bill
May ALL your days be SUNN-Y days

Offline Conrad Sundholm

Sunn Sonic1
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2001, 08:43:00 pm »
The Sonic I was the 40 watt version with two EL-34 output tubes.  The driver tube on the model was the 7199.  The 6AN8 was used on the 60 Watt version.  Hope this helps.