Author Topic: Beta lead pot  (Read 1720 times)

Offline nonlinear312

Beta lead pot
« on: April 02, 2012, 03:53:35 pm »
Hi all,
I am sorry if this is a repeated question, but I desperately need to get a pot for my beta lead head, specifically the master volume pot. Do you know which equivalent "modern" pot could do for that job? Or anyone will to sell his beta lead master volume pot?
Thank you.

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
Re: Beta lead pot
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 07:24:12 pm »
According to the schematic it's just a 100K linear pot. The hard part is finding one that will fit.

Edit: It looks like just about any pot will work. It won't mount on the PC board, just solder short leads between the pot and the board. Mount the pot to the front panel.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 10:02:08 pm by loudthud »

Offline nonlinear312

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 10:32:03 am »
Thanks loudthud.

What about the fourth lead, on the back of the pot?

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 02:01:40 pm »
That 4th lead is just a support. There is no electrical connection except maybe to ground.

Offline nonlinear312

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 05:43:03 am »
I am having some trouble locating a proper pot for this work. Looks like a 24mm pot, but the D-shape of most d-shaft pots is different than the one  used on the beat lead. Can you point me to a correct one?

This is what the original looks like:

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 11:41:20 am »
Getting the right shaft is always a problem. I would get a solid shaft pot and just grind it down. Some of the Alpha pots look like the shaft is too short. Others don't have the correct D shape but you can grind those down also. Mouser or Antique Electronic Supply is where I would look.