Author Topic: 1st Gen Model T Demo  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Walt-Dogg

1st Gen Model T Demo
« on: March 09, 2011, 04:49:00 pm »
Is there anyone that could to a demo of a 1st gen Model T going from clean, to halfway driven to full drive and then with pedals? I wanna get a feel for the amp before I purchase one as I'm gonna to playing a wide variety of music with the amp. Attached to the post is my absolute most favorite tone, the lead guitar track.
Gibson Les Paul Special
Electra X260
Squier Precision Bass MIJ
Science Hellhawk 100w
Ampeg VT-22/V-4
Science Mother
Mojotone Bluesbreaker 2x12
Mojotone British 4x12
Ampeg SVT 810

Offline CLD

• Sunn Sorado
Re: 1st Gen Model T Demo
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 06:03:30 pm »
Have you checked Youtube? I've seen some demos there.
Sunn since June 1971!
1971 Sorado, 2000S, Coliseum Bass, Coliseum Lead
1970 200S; 1974 Coliseum 880

Offline Walt-Dogg

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 10:18:23 pm »
Nothing that really didn't affirm what I already know.
Gibson Les Paul Special
Electra X260
Science Hellhawk 100w
Ampeg VT-22/V-4
Science Mother
Mojotone British 4x12
Ampeg SVT 810

Offline mike_sims

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 06:50:54 am »
I'll do one for you. I have to make some pedal demos anyways. You want guitar or bass?
MAXIMUM VOLUME YIELDS MAXIMUM GOATS

1974 Sunn Model T
1975 Sunn Model T
2 Sunn 412L cabs

Offline Walt-Dogg

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 12:38:05 pm »
Guitar. Just need you to dial in a variety of tones at different gain settings and I need to find out if I can capture the tone of the lead guitar on that track I have attached to my first post.
Gibson Les Paul Special
Electra X260
Science Hellhawk 100w
Ampeg VT-22/V-4
Science Mother
Mojotone British 4x12
Ampeg SVT 810

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 01:11:58 pm »
That guitar track sounds pretty gainy and kind of sterile, to my ears it's damn near "hair metal" gainy. Very high middy; seems possibly more modded Marshall - borderline Krank, maybe even SS than Sunnish to me, but my experience is much more with classic Sunns rather than Model T's.
What is the player on the track using? Probably hitting the front end pretty good with overdrive, but still to me that gain sounds like amp gain as much/more than pedal gain.

Offline Walt-Dogg

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 01:19:48 pm »
To me it's very low gain haha. Well the guitar player was either using some sort of modern Marshall head or an Ampeg V4 and as for his guitar it's either a DC Les Paul with P-90s or a Strat with a Seymour Duncan Hot-Rails. I definitely hear the mids, he's one of those Greg Ginn worshippers when it comes to his guitar tone. Are you saying he's using the amp's gain or a pedal?
Gibson Les Paul Special
Electra X260
Science Hellhawk 100w
Ampeg VT-22/V-4
Science Mother
Mojotone British 4x12
Ampeg SVT 810

Offline mike_sims

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 09:37:49 pm »
Guitar. Just need you to dial in a variety of tones at different gain settings and I need to find out if I can capture the tone of the lead guitar on that track I have attached to my first post.
Will do. I'll do one up for you this weekend.
MAXIMUM VOLUME YIELDS MAXIMUM GOATS

1974 Sunn Model T
1975 Sunn Model T
2 Sunn 412L cabs

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 10:28:52 pm »
To me it's very low gain haha. Well the guitar player was either using some sort of modern Marshall head or an Ampeg V4 and as for his guitar it's either a DC Les Paul with P-90s or a Strat with a Seymour Duncan Hot-Rails. I definitely hear the mids, he's one of those Greg Ginn worshippers when it comes to his guitar tone. Are you saying he's using the amp's gain or a pedal?

Keep in mind this is just a guess based on a clip, and this is totally a shot in the dark, but I'd say definitely single coil, near the bridge. Pretty sure it's a little too thin for a P90.
If I guessed based on your choices I'd say Strat with a single (no "glass" probably not a Fender PU) on the bridge through a Marshall, sounds more like amp gain to me but almost has to have a drive pedal even if it is a Marshall. If it's a V4 (doesn't sound like a V4 to me), I'd say it is pretty heavily pedal and/or studio enhanced.

Offline Walt-Dogg

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 12:52:21 am »
Will do. I'll do one up for you this weekend.
Tight thanks.

Keep in mind this is just a guess based on a clip, and this is totally a shot in the dark, but I'd say definitely single coil, near the bridge. Pretty sure it's a little too thin for a P90.
If I guessed based on your choices I'd say Strat with a single (no "glass" probably not a Fender PU) on the bridge through a Marshall, sounds more like amp gain to me but almost has to have a drive pedal even if it is a Marshall. If it's a V4 (doesn't sound like a V4 to me), I'd say it is pretty heavily pedal and/or studio enhanced.
Well at the band's last show the guitar player was using a V4 with some OD pedal and a Strat with a Hot-Rails in it but I don't remember if it actually sounded how it did on the record even though it came out shortly before the last show and there's no footy of the show. I'd guess then it's the Strat before before he put the Hot-Rails in it and the amp is probably the same old Marshall he used before the V4.
Gibson Les Paul Special
Electra X260
Science Hellhawk 100w
Ampeg VT-22/V-4
Science Mother
Mojotone British 4x12
Ampeg SVT 810