Author Topic: yea 1998 model t question  (Read 2107 times)

Offline blooddumpster

yea 1998 model t question
« on: June 15, 2002, 11:53:00 pm »
i cant get the gain past 5 on arena with out ungodly amounts of feedback. i took it to some guy and he said he had no idea he changed the tubes to a lower gain model but the same shit happened.
help please i love my amp but id like to use it for more than recording..
you ever noticed how white guys AINt got no DICKS?!

Offline JoeArthur

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2002, 12:26:00 pm »
All high gain amps are capable of making ungodly amounts of feedback... especially being played loudly in small rooms.

Is it feedback as in acoustic feedback - the kind that lets you sustain a note... or is it uncontrolled and unrelated to what you are playing feedback - like a high pitched squeal when you get close to the amp and are muting the strings?

All sorts of possibilities... from your guitar cord, to unshielded preamp tubes, to the pickups on your guitar, to the size of the room.  Care to offer any particulars?

Offline blooddumpster

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2002, 01:53:00 pm »
man
now im getting weird sounds when im playng it seems to shift in and out of a weird hum it has nothing to do with the guitar im pretty sure its the head acting up im not sure what to do.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2002, 01:30:00 pm »
Wella... hey dude!  It's kinda like this... we aint got no clue as to the words a commin outta yo mouth.

Lay off the happy dust for awhile.  If you care to be more descriptive about the problem instead of whining about it, maybe you would get some advice.

Offline blooddumpster

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2002, 05:04:00 pm »
ok
like i said it cuts out alot

it loses teh high end adn has a flat muffled tone untill the high end cuts back in.
it makes clicks and hums randomly...i dont knwo what else i can tel you wiht out knowing more about my head which i dont also why i asked you guys.

Offline JoeArthur

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2002, 12:43:00 pm »
Makes clicks?

One of the things I personally hate about the Fender imitation of a Model T, is that it has more circuitry dedicated to it's switching functions than it does to producing sounds.

You may have a problem in the switching circuit.  One or more relays could be going bad, maybe explaining the clicks.  I'm not about to trace all of the possible combinations through, but it is possible that could be the cause of some of your squealing and hum problems - for example, a relay staying open when it should be closed.  

If this is the case, then you are better off taking it to a professional - and one that isn't going to cover up a problem by sticking incorrect tubes in the amp.

Play around with the Club/Arena switch - are the problems happening in only one setting, or do they happen in both.  I'm suspecting a possibly bad switch here.

Offline blooddumpster

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2002, 12:47:00 am »
i jsut took it some some guys who are close to me and he seems to knwo what is up. but he siad he cant find a schematic anywher for this one and i cant really eihter it probobly right in front of me..so anyways he said he cant really take it apart with out knowing what he si looking at..so im screwed i spose

Offline JoeArthur

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2002, 10:50:00 am »
This is a copy of the preamp section, which is the only one I know of online.

http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/tom/files/modelT.gif

You might be better off contacting Fender for a full copy of the service manual (not the operating manual) which they'll sell you for about 5 bucks.