Author Topic: LF: 15" speaker recommendations  (Read 3914 times)

Offline xsolarusx

• Black Faxes
LF: 15" speaker recommendations
« on: December 14, 2008, 07:52:20 pm »
Here's the deal.  I picked up a beautiful Traynor YT-15 with the original Marslands, but while they sound beautiful, they don't hold up to my 612S, and the bassist gets drowned out.  So, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend something nice and loud?

I'm willing to trade the Marslands, but would be more interested in buying.

I'm in Toronto, so keep that in mind!

p.s. Sorry this is all pretty off-topic, but if anyone can suggest where to find replacement corner caps for a 67 YT-15, I'm all ears!
(2) 73 1st Gen Model T
Late 70's Marshall JCM 800 1960B cab

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
Re: LF: 15" speaker recommendations
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 11:10:05 am »
Most YT-15's are wired for 16ohms so they are at a disadvantage vs a 612S unless impedances are matched. The YT-15 can be re-wired for 4 ohms. You might try contacting Yorkville. They are making a re-issue of one of their 60's amps that might use the same corners. If that doesn't work, see if you can find chrome corners sold by Peavey. Some of their older amps used the same corner.

Offline xsolarusx

• Black Faxes
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 11:21:56 pm »
I'm thinking I'm going to have to re-wire the YT-15, and hopefully that'll help a bit.  Also, Yorkville apparently hasn't any clue where to get new corners, but I'm sure I'll come across some sooner or later!

Thanks for the advice and information, despite this mostly being about a Traynor cabinet. :)

Most YT-15's are wired for 16ohms so they are at a disadvantage vs a 612S unless impedances are matched. The YT-15 can be re-wired for 4 ohms. You might try contacting Yorkville. They are making a re-issue of one of their 60's amps that might use the same corners. If that doesn't work, see if you can find chrome corners sold by Peavey. Some of their older amps used the same corner.
(2) 73 1st Gen Model T
Late 70's Marshall JCM 800 1960B cab

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 09:36:37 am »
The Traynor re-issue amp doesn't have any corners on it, my bad. A corner that is very close is the Penn-Elcom C1819N sold by Parts Express stock number 262-162. They look ok but when you put them on, the screw holes don't line up  :-(