Author Topic: 215 Bass Cabinet  (Read 5157 times)

Offline Zulubilly

215 Bass Cabinet
« on: November 16, 2008, 10:50:03 pm »
I am needing a Sunn 215 cabinet to go with a Sunn 200S head.  I prefer one with the rectangle grill cloth.  But I guess any will do.  Please let me know if anyone has one that they will part with.

Thanks,

Zulubilly
The SUNN is always rising somewhere

Offline Mr.Golden

Re: 215 Bass Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 01:44:35 pm »
I got one I may be willing to part with. It came with my Sonic 2 (also known as a 200S)

It is the original silver grill cloth with two JBL d-130 speakers. It has the folded horn construction so it moves the low frequency waves really nicely. But those low waves are alos very directional too. This cab is the best sounding cab I have ever used in a studio setting because the speakers reproduce the sound so accurately and smoothly. I've used lots of different heads and pretty much everything sounds good through it.

So, you're probably thinking why I would part. Well, I don't want to but I'm on the hook for some very high tuition. Best case scenario is that I get to go back to school and keep it. But I'm not holding my breath either. You would pay shipping and optional insurance. Make me an offer and I will think about it.

Later...

Offline Zulubilly

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 02:21:39 pm »
I'm terrible about making offers.  I would rather you say what you want for the cabinet.  And yes they are probably the greatest sounding cabinet ever.  I live in Nashville so depending on your location might not have to ship if things work out.

Thanks,

Alan

Offline Mr.Golden

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 02:40:48 pm »
Oh man, I'm up in Canada. It would have to be shipped unless you happened to be coming through. I'll have to think about it some more. I asked you first cause I'm still not sure myself. I'll be in touch...

Offline Zulubilly

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 02:56:39 pm »
I picked one up here locally last night off of Craig's List.  It is in really good condition.  I had looked at it a week ago and the owner wanted too much for it, but he finally came down to where I could afford it.
Thanks,  sorry for the bother.
Zulu

Offline Mike B.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 09:22:09 am »
Hmmm... I'd be interested if there are any pictures!

Mike

Offline Mr.Golden

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 08:15:11 pm »
I will try soon but I'm moving cities right away. It'll have to wait about a week. I'm out of town right away to look for a new place. If I'm going to post pictures, I'm gonna take it all apart and photo everything, ya know? Hope that suits you.

Offline Mike B.

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 08:47:03 pm »
I will try soon but I'm moving cities right away. It'll have to wait about a week. I'm out of town right away to look for a new place. If I'm going to post pictures, I'm gonna take it all apart and photo everything, ya know? Hope that suits you.

That'd work fine. Good luck with the move and get in touch with me once you get settled in. Take care!

Mike

Offline Johnny Guitar

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 11:40:08 pm »
I am also interested the cabinet.  Please keep me in mind also.
Thanks,
Johnny G.

Offline Mr.Golden

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 02:07:02 pm »
Alright, after a long time thinking about it, I have come to the conclusion that I cannot part with my 2-15 cab. It sounds too good. I will attribute it mostly to the JBL d-130 speakers. I just can't do it. Sorry guys. However, if or when my gear goes, it will likely be on this site for grabs as I would want it to go where I know it would be appreciated. Thank you all for the interest !!!

Offline Engine207

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 03:46:26 pm »
I have a 2x15 SPL that I'm willing to part with here in Phoenix.  I currently have it listed with a Coliseum 300 head.  I don't know how much the cabinet weighs, but it's alot.  I'm the second owner, and the first guy didn't use it for gigging, so it's without the typical road wear, but there is a very small, 4" abrasion on the top of the cabinet from a no-good, mean, nasty cat that is no longer causing trouble for anyone.

Obviously local pick-up/delivery simplifies things, but I am willing to ship for whatever the cost is (no b.s. "handling" costs). I have a few photos (http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/msg/969881027.html), so if you're interested, let me know...E207