Author Topic: Coliseum Amp Handle  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Zulubilly

Coliseum Amp Handle
« on: May 27, 2010, 08:30:05 pm »
I recently became the proud owner of a Sunn Coliseum cabinet with an 18" Cerwin Vega speaker.  What I need is a handle for this bad boy.  It has a leather handle on it with 2 screws at each end, but no cover for the ends.  It looks ugly without the end covers.  Anybody got any.

Thanks,

Zulubilly 
The SUNN is always rising somewhere

Offline rot gut

Offline Zulubilly

Re: Coliseum Amp Handle
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 07:30:02 am »
Not it.  The one on the cabinet I have is leather and the ends have 2 screws in each.  The ends are metal.  I just don't have the covers for the ends.  The handle I have may not be original.  Don't know.  This handle doesn't look like the handle on the old 215 cabinets that I used with my 200S.

Offline wildbill96

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 09:20:49 pm »
American Handle is the original supplier.  Unfortunately they do not sell direct.  They referred me to Reid Supply Company and to order their part number AHC-1 ($20.50 each).  This is definitely the handle (imitation leather) however the standard version that Reid Supply carries has black trim and end caps instead of chrome like the originals.  Search the forum using the key words of "American Handle" for the complete thread from back in March of this year including info from someone that was able to order the chrome version form Reid Supply.  You can also Google "American Handle" to find their website which includes photos and dimensional drawings.  Be sure to look under "flat handles".
'72 Coliseum 880
'72 412s x 2
'79 Concert Monitors x 2
'73 Studio Lead

Offline Zulubilly

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 09:37:40 pm »
thanks, I'll check it out