Author Topic: how to build a sunn solid state coliseum slave clone?  (Read 4488 times)

Offline D(o)))(((o)M

how to build a sunn solid state coliseum slave clone?
« on: January 11, 2009, 08:17:30 pm »
First of all I have very little experience building amps, though I have successfully built a few pedal kits.  I was just kicking around the seemingly simple idea of building my own coliseum slave/slaves(ahhahhahhaahh) to add to my rig or have as backups in case i  have to service one at the time of a gig.  I own one and think it would be easy seeing the innards cosisting of very very few parts I regularly vac out the heads and clean the pots(though theres only one in the model i'm speaking of(coliseum slave)... I assume the parts/components are difficult to get ahold of... as i said before I'm a beginner but i am firm as far as only wanting the sunn solid state sound replicated by my hands, no matter what the cost.... i just want the satisfaction of saying  that is not just a any ss power amp slave, that is a replica of a sunn coliseum slave that i built... I would also like to move on from this initial undertaking to build the coliseum bass and coliseum lead heads that are nearing an impossibility to find... any suggestions/help???   HELPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 08:55:12 pm by oakdoom »

Offline Pilgrim

• Colorado Cougars
Re: how to build a sunn solid state coliseum slave clone?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 02:28:12 pm »
I just hit Fender's website looking for a manual for a coliseum 300 I bought.  Most of the Sunn schematics are available for about $5.  The Slave unit schematic shows as available.

http://www.fender.com/support/hardcopy_archives.php
Sunn Coliseum-300, lots of other toys.