Author Topic: Solarus speaker wiring help  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Guitargasm

Solarus speaker wiring help
« on: December 20, 2017, 08:11:52 pm »
Greetings all. Can anyone who has it please provide me with some good clear close up photos of the speaker wiring attachments for a 67, 68 or 69 Solarus 2x12 combo with two 8 0hm speakers running out of the 16 ohm jack? Mine has been rigged to run 4 ohm and I want to put it back to original, but am no wiring expert or even novice. I can follow pictures though.Thanks!

Offline _peter

Re: Solarus speaker wiring help
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 03:34:43 am »
Hi,

that's no rocket science.

- each speaker has a positive and a negative pin

- if each speaker is 8 Ohms then parallel wiring results in a total load of 4 Ohms
- if each speaker is 8 Ohms then series wiring results in a total load of 16 Ohms

- parallel wiring: just connect all positive connections (both speaker + and + from amp output) and all negative connections (both speaker - and - from amp output)

- series wiring: connect + from amp output with + of ONE speaker and - from amp output with - of the OTHER speaker; then just connect the residual free speaker pins (one wire from - of ONE speaker to + of the OTHER speaker)

That's it. It's the same for all 2 speaker cabinets and you will find dozens of pictures on the internet.

Have fun
Peter