Author Topic: Enforcer Channel Crosstalk factory modification  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Watson

• House Kustoms Guitars and Amps
Enforcer Channel Crosstalk factory modification
« on: January 20, 2014, 08:30:47 pm »
Hi,

I need the help from other SUNN Enforcer amp owners in identifying the components that were present on the factory "relay board" that was added to any post-August 1984 Enforcer amps. 

My amp was built prior to this factory modification and therefore lacks the small 4th PCB that is the relay board.  I've attached below the SUNN Service Bulletin that describes how to make the modification.  It discusses in detail the nature of and reasons for the modification, details which existing components to remove and how/where to install the relay board itself but doesn't show the board nor list the components on the relay board.

So this is a call for help from anyone who owns a SUNN Enforcer amp and is willing to look inside to see if theirs has this small 4th PCB that is attached solder side to solder side to the main Enforcer PCB.  It would have 3 sets of twisted wiring running to and soldered to the main PCB.  2 of them contain 2 wires (red & black) twisted together and 1 contains 3 wires (yellow, red & black) twisted together.

If you do have an amp with this modification present and would be willing to post photos of the component side and the PCB side of this 4th PCB (the relay board) I would be very grateful and thank you profusely :-)  If it should end up that there is a member who is willing to provide detailed photos from which I can determine the components and values, I will gladly make the mod available to any interested members via a DIY topic as well as providing a PCB made up to house the necessary components.

I understand the circuit board would be marked as P/N 20-0217 and is a couple of inches square if that helps in determining whether you have an Enforcer that has the factory modification.  Another way is to count the number of PCBs in your amp.  Originally there were 3; a main PCB, the power supply PCB and the long narrow PCB to which the control pots are all attached.  If you have only 3 PCBs, you do not have the modification either.  If you have a 4th PCB, the small one mentioned above, then you do have the modification.

Thanks in advance for looking and any assistance!

Offline Watson

Re: Enforcer Channel Crosstalk factory modification
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 05:51:42 pm »
Bump...just thought I would throw this out again in case another Enforcer owner can possibly help with this request for information...thanks!

Offline CruelNoise

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 11:36:15 am »
I'll take a look at mine tomorrow to see if it has the mod if so pics post haste

Offline Watson

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 01:42:49 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to look!

Offline sunn-tanned

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 10:01:59 am »
Crosstalk mod

Offline Watson

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 01:23:53 pm »
Your help with this is so appreciated.  I should be able to derive the circuit runs for that add-on board using this photo and the schematic. If you do happen to have a picture of the flip-side of the pcb please post it as well.  The relays are still available from Radio Shack...part number 275-0232. Amazing :-)

Thanks again Sunn-tanned. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:28:21 pm by Watson »