Author Topic: sunn solos mystery switches  (Read 1768 times)

Offline monolith

• "We speak volumes..."
    • MONOLITH Loudspeakers & Effects
sunn solos mystery switches
« on: May 21, 2008, 01:49:48 am »
i just picked up a sunn solos 1. i know about the solos 2 but this a weird one. i had never seen one and from what i understand these solos amps are not highly admired. with that said,there are two mystery switches on the back. they are red and not sure what they are. looks like a "turkeys done" push button. you know red and long...any ideas? thanks.

http://www.webcorral.com/Sunn_solos_fullback.jpg

here is a link to one for sale , somewhere out there. (whats even weirder is the switches on mine are only 5 inches apart,these here are clearly on opposites ends of the chassis)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 01:58:54 am by monolith »
MONOLITH Loudspeakers & Effects
Portland, OR
"We speak volumes..."
www.monolith-loudspeakers.com

Offline mckinnon audio

Re: sunn solos mystery switches
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 09:08:08 am »
  Hi there,those red sw.'s look like circuit breakers to me.Why they're so far apart makes me think one is for the AC and one is for the amp output,I could be wrong,just an educated guess.Good luck Mel.

Offline basiklybass

• My Sunn's
    • The Old Days
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 12:56:13 pm »
I'm in full agreement with McAudio.

Offline wilddeath

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 12:19:15 am »
i've heard that when one pushes them the amp automatically pushes out a rendition of the flute solo in Mountains nantucket sleighride. 

I had a concert lead once with the same switches on the back, underneath was clearly marked "circuit breaker" i never pushed it, figuring i'd blow it up..... 

whats so bad about the solos?  i see them around from time to time relavitively cheap.