Author Topic: WON THAT CAB!!!  (Read 26519 times)

Offline pickinatit

WON THAT CAB!!!
« on: January 26, 2007, 06:42:54 pm »
Got my first Sunn 2 X 15 Cab to go with my 2000S!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130071210451&rd=1&rd=1

Thank all you guys.  Your input in the thread about this cab helped convince me to go for it.  Do you think $ 310 was an ok deal ? 

And a big thanks to my wife for putting up with my expenditures for this stuff.  I told her it could be worse.  I could be buying sports cars for my mid-life crises.  Instead I'm spending a mere fraction of that on Guitar and Bass Gear.

Offline rick.heil

Re: WON THAT CAB!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 07:16:57 pm »
Congrats!!

A Sunn seems a pretty good mid-life crisis - it will certainly be louder than a fancy sports car!

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 09:39:58 pm »
 :-D  Hey, thanks Rick.  I'll move more air than a sports car blowing by too!

Offline stanner

• s t a n o s a u r
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 02:16:55 pm »
thats a great price-imo
wish it wasnt tax time or i woulda given you a run for that cab-
looks pretty-hope it plays well.
next time-watch out-i am always on the prowl for a GoodSunnCab.
s
AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 05:38:07 pm »
thats a great price-imo
wish it wasnt tax time or i woulda given you a run for that cab-
looks pretty-hope it plays well.
next time-watch out-i am always on the prowl for a GoodSunnCab.
s

I'll watch out.  A little competition is a good thing.  Except, let's not drive up the prices amoung each OTHER  for the stuff we want to BUY!
Only for the stuff we might want to SELL to non Sunn-Site victi...I mean buyers!  (you could never truly be a victim if you ended up with Sunn equipment regardless of whether or not you paid too much! LOL)

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 06:37:10 pm »
If it has JBL drivers in it, as it appears to, it's a very good buy.

If not, it's merely a good buy.
Isaac

Offline stanner

• s t a n o s a u r
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 09:22:39 pm »
I'll watch out.  A little competition is a good thing.  Except, let's not drive up the prices amoung each OTHER  for the stuff we want to BUY!

AMEN to that!
i hate these guys who tryin outbid each other 4 or 5 days before the auction is over-
it makes for piss poor maneuvering at the end :-(
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 05:17:51 pm by tboy »
AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Offline rick.heil

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 12:08:50 am »

AMEN to that!
i hate these guys who tryin outbid each other 4 or 5 days before the auction is over-
it makes for piss poor maneuvering at the end :-(

I second that.  Really a  bummer when things go out of your price range after only a day or two - I always thought the whole point of eBay was sniping at the last second!

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 05:24:09 am »
Got the shipping charge.  $ 65  so the total is $ 375.  I'm pretty happy with that, especially if it has the JBL's in it.

Thanks for the well wishes guys.  Now I just need the second one to go with it.  But that, I think, will need to wait while my teeth get fixed and my finances recuperate.

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 07:27:47 am »
Won an E-Bay auction for the  200S 2 X 15 Cab that looks like it might have the JBL's in it  for $375  including shipping. 
Sent a money order to address given on E-Bay for: "Send payment to"
Two weeks go by,  he hasn't received it.
He e-mails me a couple days ago and asks, Did you send it to: "Different   address" ?
I e-mailed back that I sent to address on E-Bay. 
He says "E-Bay was supposed to change that address. F**G E-Bay".
Suggests I cancel the money order and send a new one to the "right" address.
    (which of course I won't do until I'm sure the first one is canceled).
But if he or someone else has cashed the first money order already,  I'm not going to send another one.  How do I cancel the deal without getting negative feed back on myself if he claims he never got the money?

Anyone ever had to deal with this type of situation where E-Bay is concerned?
First problem I've ever had purchasing off E-Bay.

Offline JoeArthur

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 10:52:59 am »
He says "E-Bay was supposed to change that address. F**G E-Bay".

That's not true.  eBay doesn't change addresses for individuals, YOU have to change your own information.

First cancel the money order and hope it hasn't been cashed.

Then request his contact information. Go to this link and scroll down to the link where it says to request a seller's contact information. You'll need his id and the item number of the auction. Check the address he has on file with ebay and where you sent the money order.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/questions/contact-seller.html

If you're out the money, about the only option you have is to file a dispute for item not received. This link will tell you how to go about that.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

If you're not out the money and you don't want to continue with the deal - well, if the seller still has not changed his address, you might report him for having invalid contact information. This might get the auction canceled and you off the hook.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/identity-false.html

The other choice is to talk the seller into canceling the sale. He will have to file a UID (unpaid item dispute) as a mutual agreement.  If you accept the mutual agreement, then you are out of the sale and the seller will get his final value fees back.

If the seller refuses he will eventually file a UID but not as a mutual. Your best choice is to respond to it. If you don't, the seller can close it in 8 days giving you an unpaid item strike, getting his fees back, and have the ability to leave you negative feedback.  Any feedback you leave him will not count against him because of your strike.

But ebay has been known to remove unpaid item strikes - especially if you forward his emails about his invalid shipping address to them.

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 11:32:19 am »
I'm checking the seller's  contact info. as you suggested.  I went to the P.Office and found out you can't cancel a Postal Money Order.  Only file an inquiry and if it hasn't been cashed within 60 days of issuance, they will refund you.  So I won't know about that until March 29th!!

In the meantime I contacted the seller and asked him if there isn't any way to recover mail that was sent to his old address (that's what he said happened, he moved from an Apt. into a house).  If he wants the money and this isn't just some kind of scam then he will at least make the effort I would think. I told him I wanted to work this out in a way that was fair and as risk free as possible for both of us.

So, I'll see what the response is and then decide on the next step.  Thanks for the suggested course of actions open to me next.  I appreciate it.  I'll keep posting the outcome of all this.

Offline Robbie Nuke

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 03:34:25 pm »
Whew... what does the wife think of this mess? In my opinion, I would always use paypal (to cover one's ass) and only use check/money order for a local pickup only or items under $20 (no need to have your kind of cash hung up in Limbo for who knows how long).

Offline rick.heil

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 06:26:35 pm »
Paypal is easy, but the fees are a pain and some sellers refuse to deal with it (such as the one I bought my Beta footswitch from, he wanted the money order).