Author Topic: Sunn Building Tualatin Oregon  (Read 6958 times)

Offline sunn-tanned

Sunn Building Tualatin Oregon
« on: January 14, 2014, 06:45:21 pm »
Aw heck I just have to post this up once again...Reminiscing of the old days when I used to drive by the building to see my sister just past the Blue Mountain Dog Food plant...LOL

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
Re: Sunn Building Tualatin Oregon
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 12:13:05 pm »
When I use Google maps to go to the address listed on old Sunn literature, 19350 S.W. 89th, I don't see anything that looks like the old building. As I remember it, the street was to the left in that picture running perpendicular to the front door. The area under where the photographer was standing was a swimming pool that was filled in when the old occupant of the building moved out. The parking lot was to the left and you had to walk up a short hill to get to the building. IIRC Conrad said the building is now an auto body shop.  Does that make any sense?

Offline sunn-tanned

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 09:21:10 am »
Unfortunately yes, that whole area has changed and very congested now. In the 90's I worked several blocks away but the Tualatin-Sherwood Rd was widened in the late 80's which took a lot of real estate. I could be wrong but I believe that building was torn down and the area now looks like any strip mall type suburbia.

I remember when I was very young growing up in NW Portland I was accustom with seeing many Sunn amps being used and remembering every time we drove by the building I wanted to go see what was inside.

Offline sunn-tanned

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 09:05:05 am »
Since photobucket stopped free sharing I'll post another pic

Offline bigobassman

• "You can't have too much bass."
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 09:12:36 pm »
That's just too cool.    8-)
"You can't have too much bass."