Author Topic: Sunn 118MH Bass Speaker Cabinet  (Read 6329 times)

Offline EddieRUKiddin

Sunn 118MH Bass Speaker Cabinet
« on: October 26, 2008, 06:37:55 pm »
I would like to build a copy of a Sunn 118MH bass speaker cabinet, since I can't seem to find one anywhere. (If anybody knows where I can find one, please email me at eddierukiddin@aol.com) I'm handy at building cabinets, I've built several in the past,,,,only problem is I need a set of plans and/or measurements for the 118MH in order to build it acurately and acoustically correct. Does anybody know where I could get this information, or any information at all about this speaker cabinet?

Offline dc10bass

Re: Sunn 118MH Bass Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 07:08:25 pm »

Offline dc10bass

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 07:23:35 pm »

Offline bigobassman

• "You can't have too much bass."
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 08:16:30 pm »
I have 2 of the cabs.  Problem is, they're in a storage building under/behind a ton of stuff that I had to move in when my mother died in July.  Slowly working my way through her stuff, but it might be a little longer before I get to the cabs.  I'll gladly share measurements once I get to them if you haven't found anything by then.   8-)
"You can't have too much bass."

Offline EddieRUKiddin

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 11:43:24 pm »
To dc10bass, Thanks a real lot for the links. I emailed both of them for shipping possibilities, I'm awaiting replies. If you hear of or see anymore possibilities please let me know.

To bigobassman, Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear about your Mom, very recent for you. I lost mine a few years ago so I can relate. About the Sunn 118MH cabinets,,,,If you were able to uncover them, the measurements that I'd need would be the inside measurements as well as the angles of the baffles and the size and angle of the speaker mounting board,,,,so, you'd have to take a cabinet apart in order to get those numbers, and I don't think you'd want to do that :-D. I don't know where you're located, but if you'd consider selling, I might be interested in buying both of them. Keep in touch,,and thanks. eddiegamble@aol.com

Offline bigobassman

• "You can't have too much bass."
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 08:24:37 pm »
Thank you for your condolences Eddie. You may be right on taking one of them apart.  When I first bought them, I did remove the speaker(s) to clean, adjust, tighten and repair anything that needed it, but I don't remember much about the interior layout.  I'm in North Carolina, but at this point, I plan on keeping the cabs. I'll give a shout if I get to them anytime soon.  8-)
"You can't have too much bass."

Offline EddieRUKiddin

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 01:45:41 am »
bigobassman and dc10bass, thanks for your help in trying to locate a 118MH cabinet for me. dc10bass, your lead panned out,,,,I got in touch with the guy from Pittsburgh and we made a deal through email using Paypal. He was kind enough to bubblewrap the cabinet and box it up for me and take care of getting it shipped to me. It arrived in Philadelphia in great condition and the price was right, including the shipping costs. Thanks again, you guys and this forum came through for me.  :-D