Author Topic: Pristine Sunn Model T For Sale  (Read 3149 times)

Offline chasemacri

Pristine Sunn Model T For Sale
« on: January 25, 2016, 11:35:20 am »
Also for sale is a dead mint and gorgeous 2nd-generation Sunn Model T. It is probably from 1974 but the serial number dating system is essentially worthless for dating these amps. The shop I bought it from is Carter Vintage Guitars in Nashville and they labeled it a '74. They received the amp from the original owner that had it sitting in his studio essentially unused for years and years.

After I bought it, I had it fully serviced by David Britton at Eastside Music Supply in Nashville. David is an incredible amp technician and has brought back to life two other old tube amps that had literally exploded or appeared to want to explode. Some of the guts weren't in good shape, so he recapped and retubed with (I believe) JJs and it sounds great now.

This amp could barely be in better shape even new. It's had such little playing time over its lifespan, tolex is perfect and there isn't a bump or scratch.

I'm asking $5000 shipped because of the unbelievable shape this amp is in. I'm willing to entertain any reasonable offers. Available locally in St. Louis. More photos here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wulvvp9xt2x2rdn/AAAacjGMOV0urG3tGp2K1DX8a?dl=0

The cash for this will be going towards closing and moving costs and to building a collection of baby gear since I have a newborn on the way. DM with any offers.

Offline stanner

• s t a n o s a u r
Re: Pristine Sunn Model T For Sale
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 04:24:58 pm »
out of your mind
AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Offline chasemacri

Re: Pristine Sunn Model T For Sale
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 12:04:43 pm »
Indeed! I've had a much needed price enforcement from those in the know. I have lowered the price to $3000 plus shipping (probably in the $200 range, but that depends on the shipping method and I haven't mailed an amp in some time to know for sure.)