Author Topic: So...  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Walt-Dogg

So...
« on: May 23, 2011, 12:41:57 am »
I'm looking at dropping out of school after this summer to find an internship as a studio engineer in order to get experience to qualify for a certification program from SF State University. If anyone has any advice on the matter it would be appreciated.
Gibson Les Paul Special
Electra X260
Squier Precision Bass MIJ
Science Hellhawk 100w
Ampeg VT-22/V-4
Science Mother
Mojotone Bluesbreaker 2x12
Mojotone British 4x12
Ampeg SVT 810

Offline pickinatit

Re: So...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 01:47:04 pm »
The idea of dropping out of school in order to better qualify for a certification program at a University seems counter-intuitive on it's face.

What kind of school are you talking about dropping out of?  Tech school for a different subject?  High School?  Community College?
Anyway I look at it (short of you referring to clown school)  just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 10:20:45 am by pickinatit »

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: So...
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 08:13:48 am »
The idea of dropping out of school in order to better qualify for a certification program at a University seems counter-intuitive on it's face.

What kind of school are you talking about dropping out of?  Tech school for a different subject?  High School?  Community College?
Anyway I look at it short of you referring to clown school just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

I'm on the same page as pickinatit; with the limited information available it indeed seems like an ill advised choice.
What school ARE you considering dropping out of?