Author Topic: Concert Lead head and cab  (Read 5173 times)

Offline Bruce Clement

Concert Lead head and cab
« on: November 10, 2018, 12:04:39 pm »
I saw this at Haight Ashbury Music in San Francisco. I was tempted to pick up the cab to match my 190L, but they're asking $1299 for it (and the same price for the head).

What speakers are these?

Bruce Clement
BC Audio

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: Concert Lead head and cab
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 10:04:47 pm »
Pretty sure that's a 610S, and those drivers are Sunn Transducers.
The cabs were available as a 610S with Sunn Transducer drivers or a 610M with Sunn Magna drivers.
Hartzell actually had a speaker manufacturing facility down in that far western "speaker" corner of Kentucky where CTS was, and Eminence and WGS still are, and they built (or at least assembled) their own proprietary drivers.
As with many industries in the days when the US manufactured pretty much > 95% of it's consumer goods, the components; motors, baskets, etc. were often shared 3rd party items rather than actually fabricated by the individual branded company. Not dissimilar to the way the RV builders share 3rd party components and are clustered in and around  Elkhart, IN, auto manufacturers in and around Detroit, furniture manufacturers in the Carolinas, etc, etc, etc...

Even speaker EIA codes from that get garbled, CTS might have sold some  stamped baskets, magnets, cones to Eminence or Sunn or vice versa when one of them needed to fill a large order and ran low on components.
For all intent and purposes the Sunn Transducer had an Eminence and/or CTS mass produced "clone" driver that can today be found be labelled as any of the manufacturers.

Offline Happy Face

Re: Concert Lead head and cab
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 01:01:47 pm »
Thanks for the "speaker school" Ed.  That is interesting.