Author Topic: wheres a good place to start for a sunn build  (Read 3510 times)

Offline mark enger

wheres a good place to start for a sunn build
« on: September 26, 2009, 05:54:23 pm »

I recently got my first sunn and i dig the controls of my model t, i like the t strip building is there a 2 power tube model t or has there been alot of model t built with just a pair of output tubes any reason this wouldnt be a good build. if i cant obtain the cde caps what would be a second choice, iv got the iron that will laydown the plate voltages just not for 4 power tubes id like to try with just 2 powertubes, i guess what i wanna know is a 2 power tube model t is a what? is there a amp or do i just clone the model t and only use 2 6550 or 6l6gc it sounds like a winner to me,
                                                                                            mark

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
Re: wheres a good place to start for a sunn build
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 07:24:16 pm »
The closest thing to a 2 power tube Model T is the Model A. The only version I know of that was ever made was the A212 combo. No head versions seem to exist. The preamp is different from the Model T.

Offline mark enger

Re: wheres a good place to start for a sunn build
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 08:52:49 pm »
          i think im gonna try a 2 power tube model t, im finshing up a build right now but should have a chassis bent up and transformer mounted next week for the t i gotta locate some cde caps mark