Author Topic: need beta bass help. stopped working.  (Read 1491 times)

Offline cromag

need beta bass help. stopped working.
« on: March 27, 2008, 05:37:52 pm »
i was about to play some guitar through my beta bass tonite and it just stopped working.  i powered down, then back up.   it would work for a few seconds then cut out.   still powered up but no sound.   so i when it would come back on, it seemed much more easier to feedback.   so i tried the line out and it was very "thin" sounding before it cut out a few seconds later.  any suggestions as to what the problem may be?   any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  everything inside looks fine.   one of the 3055 thingys was replaced in 1990 9as per the writing inside next to it).   what do you guys think?  thanks in advance.   

hey joearthur, where are you pal.   i need some help over here.

Offline cromag

Re: need beta bass help. stopped working.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 03:03:28 pm »
nothing?   oh well.

broken beta bass for sale.   real cheap.

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 04:33:42 pm »
Do the LED's that tell you which channel is active work as you plug into different jacks on the front? Does the amp work with an external power amp?

Offline cromag

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 10:44:48 am »
thank you for responding.

yes.  the lights do come on when each channel is plugged into.

do you mean when plugging in to the line out and in to say a power amp?  or line out in to another amp, does it work?    it seems to do the same thing with the line out (i.e. feed back for a few seconds then just cut out completely.)   it also sounded very "thin" through the line out.

Offline mckinnon audio

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 12:54:00 pm »
  Hi there,just a guess but it sounds like you have some bad ic's in the preamp.The reason I say this is because of the feedback and the thin sound. Do you know your way around a ss amp ? If you do,start checking the volts on the ic's,if you don't,you might want to think about taking it to a tech,good luck,Mel.