Author Topic: 410S Cabinets/Sentura II  (Read 4479 times)

Offline Jeff Troy

410S Cabinets/Sentura II
« on: December 21, 2010, 01:21:58 pm »
Hi, Again,

Here are a few photos of the 410S cabinets I'm working on.

They will be paired with a Sentura II head.

Two 410S cabinets and two Concert Horn Accessory cases under construction.

410S speaker baffle layout.

Installing hardware on covered 410S cabinet.

410S/Sentura II stack, front.

410S/Sentura II stack, rear.

410S/Sentura II stack, side.

Concert Horn Accessory cases, front.

Concert Horn Accessory cases, rear.

Scratch-built Floor Monitor and restored Stage Lead combo amp.

Grilles next, then speakers, wiring and jack cups. Anyone find those 1-inch closet door pulls yet?

Warmest regards,
759 New Holland Ave.
Lancaster PA 17602
C: 717-917-3670
www.bandmix.com/jefftroy
www.jefftroy.com (under construction)

Offline HRobert

Re: 410S Cabinets/Sentura II
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 04:59:46 pm »
Jeff,

That Sentura is going to sound sweet going through those 4 x 10 cabs.  What year is you Sentura?  Does it have the mid-boost switch?

I found a company called IVES that make the round door pulls...but the smallest is only 3/4" inside cup. No one seems to make the 1" or so..everything else is much larger...2" and more.

Rob
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 08:46:46 am by HRobert »

Offline Jeff Troy

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 07:21:56 pm »
Hi, Rob,

I think so, too. I played bass and guitar through the head and a single 115S cabinet in a club last week. It took awhile to find the sweet spot, but it was very nice when I did. Used the '74 Nastycaster, a low-ticket Ibanez acoustic and my custom fretless P-bass. They all sounded good.

BTW, that $300 Ibanez is a nice surprise. It's very full and has a lot of presence - sounds perfect for harder stuff (Dylan, Barry Maguire, Byrds). I've used Gibsons and Martins, but never have been as impressed by them as I'm supposed to be. They're sweet, but kind of punchless - probably great if you want to do an acoustic sleep-fest, but not much for strong delivery, at least not the ones I've played and heard.

I may be quirky, but I don't care much for Les Pauls, either. Never have found anything as clean and fun to play as my old '75 Mustang. When it needs to be dirtier, a Strat, Jazzmaster or Jaguar always gets the job done, and the Fender neck has always been a better fit for me than a Gibson. My Armstrong 6-string is very nice, too, but I haven't got much playing time on it - always a bass player first.

More than 40 years on my original Armstrong bass though, and wouldn't trade it for anything on the planet. Everything I read says it's a 1969, but I'm almost positive that I bought it in late 1968. It was one of the first available, and has only the input jack, volume and tone controls - no 2-way or 3-way switch. Still have the original hardshell case. Love that bass, and I know it misses the old 2000S rig. Maybe the new one will make it happier again.

Warmest...
759 New Holland Ave.
Lancaster PA 17602
www.bandmix.com/jefftroy

Offline Jeff Troy

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 12:43:50 pm »
Did the grille cloth and got four Legends into the bottom cabinet.

The only change I made was the mounting location for the badges. Couldn't get into the center thing, so I cut the grille frame to accommodate the usual upper left corner placement.

Here's a shot of the finished stack with my restored Sentura II head (yes, I have an original Sunn pedal).

Will start the 2000S cabinets this week.

Warmest,

759 New Holland Ave.
Lancaster PA 17602
www.bandmix.com/jefftroy

Offline HRobert

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 09:24:29 pm »
Jeff,

As usual, great job.  Bet that Sentura Sounds sweet through the stack.  Happy New Year.

Rob

Offline Jeff Troy

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 07:51:42 pm »
Hi, Rob,

Thanks.

The head is all reassembled now and I don't remember the date, but I seem to recall a recent 1968 date mark. Its either the Sentura II or my 2000S - maybe both.

The Sentura II does have the mid boost switch.

The other four Legend speakers arrived. I'll let you know how it sounds as soon as I get them in and play through it for awhile with a few different guitars.

Warmest...
759 New Holland Ave.
Lancaster PA 17602
www.bandmix.com/jefftroy