Author Topic: 70's Sunn combo  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Jack

70's Sunn combo
« on: December 23, 2000, 10:49:00 am »
The details are a little fuzzy---consider the times---but back in the early 70's, I owned a Sunn solid state guitar combo with reverb and a 15" speaker. I traded it several years later and have never seen one since. It could have been a Solos, but I don't recall seeing a model nameplate on it. I do remember it was pretty heavy. Does anyone know anything about this amp?

Jack

Offline the Reverend Rob

70's Sunn combo
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2000, 07:40:00 pm »
One of the few queries I've gotten to my request for info on the Solos series told me that the Solos II that the person had owned in the early 70s did in fact have 15" speaker.  

The one currently in my possession is a 2x12 with the silver-coned "Sunn Transducers" in it.

Sorry I can't give you more info, but it might steer you somewhere in the right place.

Offline Carl

70's Sunn combo
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2001, 06:44:00 am »
 I have a 70's Sunn Solos II with a 15 " speaker.
 You can see a picture at http://www.dangpow.com/~sunn/

Offline Carl

70's Sunn combo
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2001, 06:56:00 am »
OOPS
P.S. The one in the picture has 2 -12's not like mine which is a 15" model 418B speaker. If it is not origional whoever put it in did a nice job.
This one is a wonderful amp and has an incrediblely good clean sound and reverb  but the distortion is poor, a pedal makes it great.