Author Topic: Second Gen Model T Mods??  (Read 7604 times)

Offline stockcar1414

Second Gen Model T Mods??
« on: October 24, 2006, 10:16:53 am »
I've heard about the mods to make second generation model t's (with the midboost switch) to sound like the original '73 heads and was wondering if anyone could send me the directions on how to do this.  From what I've read on this site it seems like everyone who does this mod gets a fuller sound by doing this, and that is exactly what I'm looking for.  Also, I've heard about the master volume mod and was wondering if i could possibly get the directions for that mod as well as any other cool mods that may be out there.  Thanks for any help!!

And yes, I have used the search feature and looked through pages and pages of stuff to no avail.  The sites that once had these mods on them appear to be no longer active.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 10:35:21 am by stockcar1414 »

Offline stockcar1414

Re: Second Gen Model T Mods??
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 06:10:20 pm »
nobody that can help me out?  I know I'm just a newbie to the boards and I'm sure this has been brought up countless times, but I've searched and searched and i can't find anything about these mods that exists any more

Offline fatlizzard

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 09:22:20 pm »
send a message to JOEARTHUR at JoeAArthur@aol.com he has great knowledge on this, theres some kind of mod that has something to do with changing one blue/white wire

Offline giovanni

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 11:43:56 am »
i am curious of this as well

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 12:04:27 pm »
Isaac

Offline stockcar1414

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 03:18:55 pm »
thanks guys, Joe helped me out so now I can get rolling on these mods!

Offline cromag

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 04:06:59 pm »
joe is a great guy.   he has helped and continues to help me TONS!!!!

Offline JoeArthur

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 04:48:04 pm »

I have a couple of things to say.

First of all, it is considered extremely bad manners to post someone's email address to a public forum.  Especially when that forum allows members to send "pm's".

On the other hand, I left AOL around the first of the year.  Yes, due to AOL's change of policy I do have web access to that account - but I do not check it as I figured that I had caught all stragglers that I didn't notify... oh, I don't know SIX MONTHS AGO?

The website address, at least the one Isaac posted seems to be available - but, and I do hate to repeat myself, but "I left AOL around the first of the year", meaning while I may be able to access an obsolete AOL email address and don't even do that frequently - I can positively not make any changes to that site.

I do support the content as it appears - but I cannot maintain the site. I do expect that it will be removed once AOL decides to clean house... but that is a thing controlled by them and not me.

'nuff said.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 05:43:36 pm »
Joe, I apologize if I was out of line (though your comment didn't seem to be directed at me).

About those pages, can we move them somewhere else? I think they're far too valuable to lose, and although I imagine you have all of that information elsewhere, that 'elsewhere' isn't necessarily accessible to those who truly need it!
Isaac

Offline stockcar1414

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 05:47:51 pm »
i took the all the webpages and pictures and saved hard copies to my computer.  The entire tutorial/website is only about 2.5 megabytes.  Perhaps make the entire page downloadble in a zip file somewhere?  The only thing that I had to do was edit the html codes (edit the location of the pictures) so that way the pictures showed up in their appropriate places when I opened each page up.

Offline stockcar1414

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 06:02:41 pm »
ok, so I was really bored and it wasn't terribly difficult so I transferred the entire website over to an angelfire page so in case the other one stops working, this one can be used to look up these mods and schematics.

http://www.angelfire.com/blog/sunnmodelt

Joe, if you are not alright with this...although I don't see why you wouldn't be as it is simply your original site moved over to a new domain...then I will take it down immediately
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 07:30:11 pm by stockcar1414 »

rick.heil

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 09:10:35 pm »
Maybe email tboy the files and ask him to put it up on the main page? As an addition to the normal links, maybe.

Offline fatlizzard

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 09:29:58 pm »
Joe,I appologize for posting the e-mail address on the forum,I was trying to steer a new member to the most knowledgeable guy!It is listed on the members link under your name so I didn't realise it would be improper!

Offline stockcar1414

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 10:22:55 pm »
Maybe email tboy the files and ask him to put it up on the main page? As an addition to the normal links, maybe.

well I don't need to now, because I transferred the exact site over to an angelfire page

www.angelfire.com/blog/sunnmodelt