Author Topic: My Bass Rig  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Walt-Dogg

My Bass Rig
« on: October 01, 2010, 12:43:28 pm »
So I've got a Concert Bass (that still gets REALLY hot, but no thermal shut down, yet...) that I'm using with a 215B and I'm thinking of getting a "new" Ampeg SVT 8x10e to compliment the 215B and to compete with the rest of my band which is two Concert Leads both with two 4x12 cabs each. Seeing as my amp gets really hot just going into the 215B at 4 ohms, should I just get a slave to run into the 8x10e? To avoid the risk of burning out my Concert Lead?
Gibson Les Paul Special
Electra X260
Squier Precision Bass MIJ
Science Hellhawk 100w
Ampeg VT-22/V-4
Science Mother
Mojotone Bluesbreaker 2x12
Mojotone British 4x12
Ampeg SVT 810

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
Re: My Bass Rig
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 02:55:45 pm »
Does your Concert Bass get very hot if you just turn it on but don't play through it? That would indicate a problem that should be looked at. You could get a Concert Bass, Lead or Slave to power the 8x10e, or any other power amp with a level control. You could even use a Coliseum series amp.

Offline Walt-Dogg

Re: My Bass Rig
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 01:40:52 am »
I haven't checked for that. It doesn't seem to get too hot anymore as when it was used it today, it was just a bit toasty (not literally). I think it would be cool just to get a Concert Slave to match. I've had my Concert Bass gone through and through, it just gets hot. Majority of caps and four of five transistors have been replaced.
Gibson Les Paul Special
Electra X260
Squier Precision Bass MIJ
Science Hellhawk 100w
Ampeg VT-22/V-4
Science Mother
Mojotone Bluesbreaker 2x12
Mojotone British 4x12
Ampeg SVT 810