Author Topic: Orange Dual Terror.  (Read 3787 times)

Offline Jonathyn

Orange Dual Terror.
« on: August 05, 2009, 05:27:47 pm »
I'm trying to figure out what amp to get that's right for me. Do you think I could run a Sunn PB-10 preamp through an Orange Dual Terror (30 watts) with the PB-10 plugged into a step-down transformer (I'm from England)? Would the PB-10 be too powerful for the Dual Terror? Would there be a clash with components made for different voltages? Etc.
1969 Sunn Sceptre w/ GT6550
Modern Laney 4x12 with replacement Sunn logo

Offline biltmore

• The Sound Choice
Re: Orange Dual Terror.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 09:36:30 am »
Have you had a chance to play the Dual Terror yet? I have, and it's pretty freaking loud for 30 watts.

Offline Jonathyn

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 10:22:18 am »
No, I haven't, but I've seen demos on Youtube. I'm seriously thinking about getting one. I've played the Tiny Terror though.

Offline stanner

• s t a n o s a u r
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 12:23:45 pm »
you seem intent to put a pre amp into an amp w/ a pre amp.
you can do this but its kinda not very efficient-you definitely wont get the best out of your pre or your amp.
a pre need a power amp only. there are many out there.
AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Offline Jonathyn

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 03:49:47 pm »
I've been looking for a power amp, but there really isn't many on ebay at all. There's a lot of combos and heads and stacks, but not many, hardly any lone POWER amps.
 I'm not really looking to get one shipped from the USA this time. As I don't want to risk having tubes shipped all that way again. When I have the cash, I may go to some guitar & gear stores and see if they have any power amps for preamps. Maybe I could take my PB-10 with me and they may let me try it out through their stock.
 There's a good store in Birmingham, England called Professional Music Technology, PMT for short, they may have something. But it's not gonna be cheap. They stock expensive gear.

Offline Ben Dead

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 10:05:32 pm »
No, I haven't, but I've seen demos on Youtube. I'm seriously thinking about getting one. I've played the Tiny Terror though.

how did you like the tiny terror?

Offline joe bitchin

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 02:03:10 pm »
i luv my tiny terror but sometimes the guys in the band try to drown me out so i may have to step up to the dual 1!