Author Topic: MODEL T's 1st gen vs 2nd gen  (Read 40122 times)

Offline NsubUlysses

Re: MODEL T's 1st gen vs 2nd gen
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2010, 09:04:39 pm »
Yeah I was assuming those were rentals too. Surprising to hear he doesn't like the original T's.

I know he loves the reissues because he is the one that got me into them. I borrowed it for a few band practices and sold my 5150 immediately.

I'm surprised they were able to haul the Emperor stuff all the way from Chicago unless those are European "rentals" too

Offline buzzsunn

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2010, 02:06:48 am »
Yeah I was assuming those were rentals too. Surprising to hear he doesn't like the original T's.

I know he loves the reissues because he is the one that got me into them. I borrowed it for a few band practices and sold my 5150 immediately.

I'm surprised they were able to haul the Emperor stuff all the way from Chicago unless those are European "rentals" too
Nice!!!  :-D
And I guess the cabs are rentals too... Nice to find those in Europe! hehe.
By the way in Greece Mike played with my rig and I was very proud of it!! :evil:
check and contribute: http://postyourrig.blogspot.com/

Offline clodo

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2010, 06:22:16 am »
I tried the sunn model T with my guitar last night. I love to clean it with this amp, and when it is crunch  it is really fat mmmh ....but I'm always curious to know if the V1 is better. :roll:

Offline NsubUlysses

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2010, 09:41:15 am »

Nice!!!  :-D
And I guess the cabs are rentals too... Nice to find those in Europe! hehe.
By the way in Greece Mike played with my rig and I was very proud of it!! :evil:
Yeah that's very awesome.

I guess the Emperor stuff is going worldwide now. Tons of Chicago bands and even some big touring bands use them. When I saw Sunn0))) play about a year ago they had some Emperor cabs on tour with them (Dekalb, Il show).

Offline clodo

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2010, 02:52:21 am »
That is approximately one month as my model of V2 to new lamps. With the selector in the medium 3K for the guitar is really perfect I think. After discussion with someone to have the 2 m-as he reads the v1 is a bit darker and more v2 little brighter and clearer.

Personally V2 is already dark for me  :evil: :-)

Offline clodo

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2010, 03:09:20 pm »
I return to the question, now I have two V2, 2 does not sound like it. Is there a huge difference with a V1?

I'm playing guitar

Offline mike_sims

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2010, 07:13:54 pm »
By V2 I'm assuming you mean the Red KNob model with the Mid Select switch?

1974 (1st gen/v1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbnyXFb0gOM

1975 (2nd gen/v2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI25pLvPW1U

the V1/1st Gen doesn't get as dirty as the 2nd Gen, (a pedal was used in the video of the V1/first gen). Sorry if you were looking for something on the clean side  :-P
MAXIMUM VOLUME YIELDS MAXIMUM GOATS

1974 Sunn Model T
1975 Sunn Model T
2 Sunn 412L cabs

Offline clodo

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2010, 03:39:38 am »
Thanks, here we can hear the clean of a V1     :evil:

Offline clodo

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2011, 04:14:47 pm »
Hello, I received a model T V1, it is reviewed and Retube, it sounds as strong as my other Model T, What can it come? the capacitor is also changed ....

Offline clodo

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2011, 12:55:45 am »
Hello, I have now 2 Model T for V1 and V2. My version 2 is a little more nasilard. But the two are very good, although radically different. By cons do you think there a difference between the first V2 with gray buttons and one with red buttons?