Author Topic: Sceptre Manufacturing Date?  (Read 1623 times)

Offline wishingonsatellites

Sceptre Manufacturing Date?
« on: July 30, 2008, 03:15:02 pm »
I have a Sceptre, serial number HH905167, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the approximate year it was made.

cheers,
Nic

Offline made by hand

Re: Sceptre Manufacturing Date?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 06:40:15 pm »
greetings...ok...looking at my sunn catalogs...the first year that sunn introduced that model was 1968. it was also in the 69 and 70 catalogs...i don't have a 71 cat so it might have been made that year also...it was gone by 1972....i have a feeling that 70 was the last year because sunn was going thru a transition around that time....now..if you remove the chassis from the cab, it might show a test date on one of the ends on a sticker....alos..it might show a red grease pen date on the bottom of the chassis between the wiring....if no one has diddled with the amp...you just might find a date..the serial numbers won't help you out here...for a more fine tuned date of birth....i think your out of luck. you'll have to settle for the year if it's on the chassis....now..if the sunn name plate on the front of your cab , doesn't have a small (r) as in trade mark...it might just be a 68. if it doeas have the trade mark R under the sunn name..it just might be a 69-70......it the grill cloth is the old style blue/gray , it might be a late 68 to 69...it gets fuzzy in here because sunn was changing the grill cloth to a verticlefender style....hey ! just pull the chassis and take a look.....smiles...Bob from mass.

Offline wishingonsatellites

Re: Sceptre Manufacturing Date?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 11:33:52 pm »
Brilliant, thanks a lot.