Author Topic: WTB: Sunn Model T 1st gen  (Read 2657 times)

Offline Bart

WTB: Sunn Model T 1st gen
« on: December 19, 2018, 04:30:53 pm »
Hi,

Like the topic.. I want to buy the 1st gen T in good condition. I can offer around 2000$.

Please msg me :))

Cheers,
Bart

Offline ducatidoc

Re: WTB: Sunn Model T 1st gen
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 03:33:55 pm »
This was just listed today on Reverb, but I think the price is a bit ambitious. Keep an eye on it to see if it drops down around $2200 or so. It looks to be a gen 1 - no boost switches - but it's missing the back panel. That alone would not be a deal breaker for me.
https://reverb.com/item/17907516-sunn-model-t
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 03:43:51 pm by ducatidoc »

Offline RacerX

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 10:48:29 am »
Hi Bart, I would be willing to sell my Model T.  I am in Des Moines, Iowa and really do not want to ship it.  I also will be in Minneapolis a few times in March.  Let me know if you want to try to work something out and would like some pictures.

Offline 42ohms

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 08:38:07 am »
Hey RacerX, I know you don't want to ship it, but....would you? I'm in Australia and would gladly buy it off you. That is, if Bart doesn't want it, or never comes back to the forum, or whatever. Let me know.

Offline RacerX

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 10:42:45 am »
Hi 42ohms,  Sorry, I would really prefer to sell it in person.  I also think it would be cost prohibitive to ship it to Australia or anywhere for that matter.  I have thought about shipping it and the only way I would do it is with the tubes in one box, the internal amp itself removed from the cabinet and packed in its own box and the cabinet and grill in a box, and all of it packed using the Sealed Air Foam in Place system.  It would be expensive to pack let alone ship and I do not know if there is anyone in my area that actually has the Sealed Air Foam in Place system that provides it as a service for people to pack items to ship.  FedEx and UPS do not.

Offline 42ohms

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 08:48:08 pm »
Understood. That does sound like a huge hassle, although I'm sure the amp would arrive very safely using that method. When I initially replied to the thread I was hoping there might be a guitar shop in Des Moines who have experience shipping tube amps and who you'd trust to pack it for you? If such a place existed I would gladly pay whatever they charge for a packing fee.

No worries though. I knew it was a bit of a long shot.