Author Topic: 1966 C-60 Sunn Amp NOW FOR SALE! $2000  (Read 2811 times)

Offline beeple

1966 C-60 Sunn Amp NOW FOR SALE! $2000
« on: February 28, 2015, 06:55:35 pm »
I have 1966 C60, Sunn bass amp that Ive had for years and am interested in selling it.
According to the guy at Zimmermans Music in Ft. Wayne, IN, that amp was used by the Who when they played The Swinging Gate club in Ft Wayne, back in November 1967.  Of course I take all rock n roll stories with a Pinch of salt, but I believe it to be true.
 When I bought it it came with black Naugahyde covers for head and for cabinet. Those were lost in my travels however.
According to the guy at Zimmerman music, the Who actually did their old routine of smashing up the amps at the end of the show, but they actually had the real amps just behind a long black curtain and they busted up fake Sunn amps and left the real amps untouched. I guess even the Who didn't dare destroy a real Sunn!
I live in N. Michigan these days and maybe able to ship the beast, but it would be a tad pricey because of the size and weight.  It is a Heavy Duty amp, and works just as well as the day I bought it. 
It is completely original and in excellent condition inside and out.  There is three of those little flat, round plastic feet missing off the side of the cabinet, but other than that the Only thing I know wrong with it is a couple of slight cigarette melts on top of the head which don't even come close to melting through the Tolex.
The loudspeakers are JBL 130F 15" and they are original also.  I have photos now. See the following link to see photos:

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/teeplebrian/library/?sort=3&page=1
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 07:17:34 am by beeple »

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
Re: 1966 Sunn Amp
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 08:08:45 pm »
This topic really deserves it's own thread so I split it from the Catalog Thread.

Beeple, please post a picture of your amp.

Offline beeple

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 06:35:54 pm »

Regarding my 66 Sunn amp, I have run across the exact amp on eBay and have discovered that it is a 66 mod called the 2-40/c60.  Seller claims only 100 were built.  I will follow with photos soon.  I had said earlier that the cabinet had EV speakers, but actually they are the original JBL 140s.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:07:54 pm by beeple »

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 09:28:08 pm »
To sell gear here, there are a couple of things you need to do. The ad needs to be in the classified section, which we can do for you, but you do need to put a price on the amp. Maybe base your price on the one you saw on eBay.