Author Topic: WTB: Sunn Power Amplifier  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Walt-Dogg

WTB: Sunn Power Amplifier
« on: November 06, 2013, 02:30:19 am »
First, the power amp. To be totally honest, I don't really know what I'm looking for but I do know it needs to have inputs for unbalanced signals and be rackmount. I recently picked up a Roland SIP-300 pre-amp to get some more Black Flag/Greg Ginn worship in my life and I've read that the Flag crew had lots of troubles with the QSC and Yamaha power amps they used. So, I figure might as well try a Sunn.

Second, the SPL-2224. I had a 2212 and I loved it, but it's giant and I had to move across the state. Now I have a studio to keep a big mixer at. Looking only for the 2224, I do a lot of recording now and the more channels the better.

Hit me with what you've got or any leads you may have. I can pickup the mixer pickup anywhere in California, Oregon or Washington (these are took big, too heavy and old and delicate to ship in my opinion) and I'm willing to pickup or pay for shipping if the asking price is right on the amplifier.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 02:09:51 pm by Walt-Dogg »
Gibson Les Paul Special
Electra X260
Squier Precision Bass MIJ
Science Hellhawk 100w
Ampeg VT-22/V-4
Science Mother
Mojotone Bluesbreaker 2x12
Mojotone British 4x12
Ampeg SVT 810

Offline Walt-Dogg

Re: WTB: Sunn Power Amplifier
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 02:15:46 pm »
Managed to get a super clean SPL-2212, so I'm set on the console. Still looking for a power amp. Maybe a beta power amp? Rack mount or not.
Gibson Les Paul Special
Electra X260
Squier Precision Bass MIJ
Science Hellhawk 100w
Ampeg VT-22/V-4
Science Mother
Mojotone Bluesbreaker 2x12
Mojotone British 4x12
Ampeg SVT 810