Author Topic: Orthodox Fuzz  (Read 6916 times)

Offline doomedfuzz

Orthodox Fuzz
« on: January 31, 2010, 11:13:54 pm »
We use a ton of different amps - between me and the other guitarist we have (I'll start with the Sunn stuff):

Sunn Beta Lead
Sunn Enforcer
2x Orange Rockerverb 100s (I have one and the other guy has one also)
Matamp GTO 120 (Black)
Marshall DSL100

and our other guitarist will have an Orange OR120 in a couple of weeks.

I plan on buying more Sunns, I'd like a Concert Lead and of course a vintage Model T. I'll probably sell my Marshall to fund more Sunns.

http://www.myspace.com/orthodoxfuzz

On the two new recordings, we are using Orange RV100s and the Matamp GTO120. We are hitting the studio again in March for a full length and I'll be using the Sunn Enforcer as the main amp I think for all of my rhythm tracks, probably doubled with the Orange.

Offline Addam

• Opus Noir
Re: Orthodox Fuzz
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 02:26:04 pm »
I dig it.

Offline anubae_obscura

• Neverbeforeagain
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 01:05:21 pm »
anubis1335 on youtube here:

I got the concert lead.

Ya'll need at least 3  :-D

Offline bigobassman

• "You can't have too much bass."
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 07:33:53 pm »
Cool tunes.  Nice combination of the listed influences.  Continued success.    :-)
"You can't have too much bass."

Offline doomedfuzz

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 11:01:43 am »
Thanks guys. We've just added the Sunn Enforcer to the stable and our other guitarist just picked up a '74 Orange OR120 a couple of days ago so both of those will be featured on our next recording, looking for the full length to be recorded starting in March. The Enforcer is at the tech (or should be today, being dropped off for me) for a complete "go through" and re-tube. Picking up a 70s Sunn 4x12 cab to go with it probably next week, maybe even this weekend. If you are in Dallas, be sure to brave the snow and come out and see us Sat. night Skillman's Bar with the mighty Wo Fat, a band you should check out if you haven't yet.

Congrats on the Concert Lead also, those rock! I found a dead one at a shop last weekend and they wouldn't sell it to me. They won't sell non functional gear.

Offline biltmore

• The Sound Choice
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 12:14:07 pm »
Did you ever end up trying out that A212?

Offline doomedfuzz

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 07:54:07 pm »
Did you ever end up trying out that A212?

Not yet, I might try to tomorrow. The shop called today and told me they dug out a Beta Lead 4x10 combo, something I've been looking for. Not enough money to get everything I want!

Offline doomedfuzz

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 09:05:14 pm »
I'll be playing my Sunn Enforcer at this show, it's live debut!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:26:59 pm by doomedfuzz »

Offline Wicked_Tone

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 06:46:13 pm »
Cool! I'd love to see your band. Unfortunately, I live in Georgia, near Atlanta. Bummer! :-(

Offline Llwyt

• My band : Asphalt Risin'
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 07:18:44 pm »
Mf*ng great sound!
Great influences too  8-)

Count me as a fan  :wink:
My band (stoner rock from France) : http://asphaltrisin.bandcamp.com

Fender PB Classic '50 / Sunn Mustang Bass
Sunn Beta Bass Head  / Sunn Concert Bass / Sunn 215RH / GK 215 / 212T Home-Made
MXR DynaComp / Tech21 Double Drive / Dunlop 105Q / MXR M-18

Offline doomedfuzz

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 03:21:48 pm »
Thanks man! My Sunn rig is complete with a 70s Sunn 4x12. Going to be used at the Dallas Doom Daze Festival in a few weeks.

Twins of Evil, with my Orange Rockerverb 100 halfstack (loud!)

Sunn Enforcer and 4x12

Sunn Enforcer close up

Offline Viking Sonne

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 11:59:04 pm »
\,,/,   ,\,,/

2 Fist full of RAWK ! I'm diggin' them tunes. I like that Orange, dude I'm sportin' wood for an Orange half stack right now. I added you guys to my myspace.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 12:12:44 am by Viking Sonne »
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." ~ John Wooden ~

Offline doomedfuzz

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 09:14:30 pm »
I have to tell ya, I love my Orange, but my Enforcer get my desired tone even better than the Orange! My band is known for sporting two Oranges, but we are also known for having a sick array of amps including the other guitarist Matamp GTO120, a 74 OR120 and he also has a Rockerverb like mine.

I blew a speaker in my Sunn cab this week which really sucks, I took it to my tech yesterday and he is going to go through and make sure all the wiring is good and check all the speakers (and make sure it is set up for 8ohms). I know I'll have to get one or two speakers re-coned (full rebuild), but they are the original Sun Transducers and sound amazing, totally worth it.

I ran across one of those 4x10 Beta Leads last week, how do you like it, is it loud like the 2x12 (which I also own)? Thinking about getting it!

Offline Viking Sonne

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 07:23:03 am »
I really like my beta lead 4x10. I can get some really good tone out of it. And it is very loud. I think the loudest rig I every used was a Peavey Butcher 120 watt all tube head from the 1980's with matching 4x12 cabinet loaded with Sheffields. It was know as the Marshall killer. I also had a Peavey VTM 120 all tube 120 watt head and an EVH 5150 4x12 cabinet that would make your eyes bleed. The Peavey VTM was actually what later became the Butcher in Peaveys lineup.

But yes my beta lead and my beta bass are both loud rigs and both sound really good. I say grab one up bro, you will like it.  :-D

« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 07:39:19 am by Viking Sonne »
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." ~ John Wooden ~