Author Topic: congrats to DUKE - national champs  (Read 4542 times)

Offline bigobassman

• "You can't have too much bass."
congrats to DUKE - national champs
« on: April 05, 2010, 10:25:44 pm »
2 years in a row for National Champions from the  ACC and the State of North Carolina.   :-D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:22:27 am by bigobassman »
"You can't have too much bass."

Offline Addam

• Opus Noir
Re: congrats to DUKE - national champs
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 01:18:37 am »
It was an intense game.

Offline bigobassman

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 06:39:26 am »
Yes Addam - a real "nail bitter" for sure.  The way a championship game should be.   8-)

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 11:38:24 am »
I also am a happy camper due to the ACC  win (even though I'm a Maryland fan I have to root for whoever keeps it going for the ACC).

BTW,  I wonder how many commentators recall how earlier in the year they were dissing the ACC as being "weak".  LOL

Offline Addam

• Opus Noir
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 05:12:02 pm »
Yes Addam - a real "nail bitter" for sure.  The way a championship game should be.   8-)

I'm not a sports fan by any means, but this game kept me interested.

Offline bigobassman

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 08:25:39 pm »
I also am a happy camper due to the ACC  win (even though I'm a Maryland fan I have to root for whoever keeps it going for the ACC).

BTW,  I wonder how many commentators recall how earlier in the year they were dissing the ACC as being "weak".  LOL

Yes - some were beating the ACC pretty harshly - granted, not quite the power house of some past years, but, in a classic phrase, the cream rises to the top.  Maryland was one of the very few losses by Duke.   8-)

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 10:20:52 am »

Yes - some were beating the ACC pretty harshly - granted, not quite the power house of some past years, but, in a classic phrase, the cream rises to the top.  Maryland was one of the very few losses by Duke.   8-)

That's the sort of thing that ALWAYS happens in the ACC.  Everyone can beat anyone on a given day.