Author Topic: Coliseum Slave: simple questions / advice.  (Read 27307 times)

Offline djc

Re: Coliseum Slave: simple questions / advice.
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 09:05:45 am »
have you ever rewired that switch to become a ground lift?  or can that be done?

Offline mckinnon audio

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 09:47:08 am »
  Hi there,no I've never done that,you would be ungrounding yourself and creating a shock hazard.The only place you should "lift" the gnd. is on pin 1 of an XLR cable or the sleeve on a gnd. TRS 1/4" jack. This eliminates ground loops between your signal gnd. and the AC gnd. Hope this is of some help,Mel.

Offline basiklybass

• My Sunn's
    • The Old Days
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 12:40:49 pm »
The 2 wire system swapped the black and white incoming to reduce ground loop hum. Doing that today will place the voltage on the chassis. Unless you want to install a completely seperate ground bus (see SoundmasterG's postings for a great discussion and information) do a search on this site for directions and discussion about this. There are several threads I know of.
I wouldn't think a tech would charge more than $40.00 or so to do this. It isn't hard and there are really no parts aside from the cord and clamp.

Offline TheBassAce

• TheBassAce's bass rig
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 02:26:39 pm »
Does anybody know how Sunn serial#s work? I want to try and nail down a year to my Coliseum Slave.

Offline Mike B.

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 08:16:40 am »
Absolutely terrific info in this thread, guys!

Mike

Offline TheBassAce

• TheBassAce's bass rig
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2008, 03:38:58 pm »
Guys-

I'm back again! Does anyone know where I can get the following:

A 1974 Coliseum Slave Owner's manual (CLEAN, scanned copies would also be wonderful!)

A name and address of someone who does restoration to Sunn cabinetry (there's a chunk missing on the bottom right front of my Slave- see below)

Leads of companies who have replacement parts (there's a corner 'L' bracket missing along with that chunk!) for Sunns. I also need side handles, 1974-era Tolex and corners for BOTH my Slave AND my 215SH.

ANY additional info on this beastie would be appreciated! Thanks!

TBA