Author Topic: Sunn Stage Bass + Sunn 118MH  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Ryan Phelps

Sunn Stage Bass + Sunn 118MH
« on: April 25, 2015, 11:30:48 am »
This is a 1974 Sunn Stage Bass amp. It shares the same 50 watt circuit as the earlier Studio Bass amp, but with a larger bass reflex speaker enclosure. I replaced the input and output jacks as the originals were sprung. Otherwise the amp is original, including the Sunn 15” speaker which I believe was re-coned. Single channel with normal and brite inputs, volume, treble, bass and presence controls. Has casters so it’s easy to move around. A previous owner spray painted the grill cloth black and it has the usual nicks and scrapes of a 40 year-old amp, but it looks fine. These early Sunn solid state amps produce a nice, round bass tone and this one is no exception. Great for studio, practice or small club use. $250

Up for sale is an early 70’s Sunn 118MH bass cabinet. This is a front-loaded folded horn cabinet that was once owned by the Whiz Kidz, a Seattle glam performance group. It has new casters, rubber feet and handles. Currently loaded with a brand new 18”, 150 watt Pyle speaker. The tolex has the usual scrapes and nicks of a 40+ year-old cabinet and sadly, the Sunn badge is missing. Still, a nice old-school cab for some serious bottom end. I also have a matching, new 18” Pyle raw speaker for sale as well. $175