Author Topic: Ok..Need the full story, full-er story?? or ?? Sunn Enforcer "Uncle Ted's" Amp?  (Read 19555 times)

Offline doomedfuzz

I'ts been a while since I've used them and I plan to again shortly so I will let you know! From what I remember they can produce an quality overdriven sound which isn't like most Sunns are made to do, probably more so than my Model T's, for sure more than the Sorado, 190, etc..

Yes I noticed the Enforcer cab on ebay also and thought it was a bit much w/shipping to invest in. I should take a couple Mesa oversize heavy monsters and load them with some good 80's....he he  :wink:

Mine just does the fuzz thing really, really well, I was wondering if mine was an anomaly or if others get the same kind of tone out of them? How do yours sound? I can dial in a pretty convincing 80s thrash tone by scooping the mids but I don't really ever play like that. Cleans at a high volume, forget it!

There was a fully loaded original Enforcer cab on ebay maybe 3-4 months ago - was over priced (I think $500) plus shipping and I think it was in California. To Texas, that would have been a fortune! They do sound pretty good with Marshall cabs, just make sure you 75 watt speakers in it.

If you ever want to sell one, keep me in mind! I'd love to have another - I use mine as one of my main amps. Nice setups you have!

Offline sunn-tanned

Thanks, I will keep you in mind if I go to sell! As you can see one of the Enforcers are of the earlier non-vent grill style.
Here are several Sunns and others in my collection, some aren't seen that are behind others.

Offline doomedfuzz

That's an awesome collection man! I don't have the room for that much gear lol - I got up to 14 guitars once and like 4 amps, a couple of bass rigs and a drum set and it took up my entire jam room! I have a general rule these days, if it doesn't get played for 6 months, it gets sold - so I can buy more stuff!

Offline CLD

• Sunn Sorado
Oh my ... GAS overload!
Sunn since June 1971!
1971 Sorado, 2000S, Coliseum Bass, Coliseum Lead
1970 200S; 1974 Coliseum 880

Offline sunn-tanned

ha ha....yes GAS....everyone has a little GAS in them  :wink:

I learned through the years it's much more fun to have a few hobbies you can make a little business out of. That way you get such enjoyable exposure to those things you treasure the most!

Oh my ... GAS overload!

Offline chris348

nice laneys you've got there, ive been looking for a laney klipp forever

Offline sunn-tanned

Yes, Laney's are actually one of my favorite amps...They have such a full spectrum of sound and you get just as good or better amp than a Marshall of the same era for 1/2 to 1/3 the price...

I have an early LA100BL (not shown) that has all RS parts w/hand bent aluminum chassis that I understand was built while they were still working out of the "garage" :|

The Klipps are some unique and dynamic amps as well however I'm not overly impress with the "kilpp" channel as I believe it sounds a bit gritty.

Now for the "bomb" of the early Laneys....it's a "Music City" Plexi, not sure of the full story as I believe they were kinda like a "NARB" of the Laney world. It's kind of a Klipp/Supergroup hybrid on steroids (no kilpp channel) but has Treble and Bass boosts....I understand it was a special amp put together special thus the "signing". This amp is truly "Kick Ass".......

Offline doomedfuzz

I don't think you can embed video here, but my other guitarist was testing his iphone 4 video last night and caught me noodling around during a break at rehearsal last night. Nothing fancy, in fact I had just broke a string and was out of tune. I think I had the volume down quite a bit as well so we could talk. But still gives you an idea of the Enforcer tone. Now that we know that videos work well, we plan on doing a few more at practice Wednesday night. At least I can now remember this little riffage lol, I totally forgot about this until he told me he recorded early (still not that great of a riff lol). But I can tell you that it doesn't sound quite as harsh live either, its more fuzzy sounding, the video pulled a lot of the bottom end out and left more mids and highs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa5cT-wvIMI

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:19:08 pm by doomedfuzz »

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
For some reason these two were posted in the “Possible to revamp the Sunn Museum?” thread.  :?

whoa, here's a picture of the camo enforcer, i'd never seen one before.
http://l26.sphotos.l3.fbcdn.net/hphotos-l3-snc3/hs148.snc3/17553_1189998957363_1450045372_30450521_869500_n.jpg

http://l26.sphotos.l3.fbcdn.net/hphotos-l3-snc3/hs148.snc3/17553_1189998957363_1450045372_30450521_869500_n.jpg

that is 1 of teds personal heads i believe where gave away in a contest to the fans

Offline warandhairstyle

That Enforcer sounds sick!  And those Laneys are gorgeous.  I need to stop looking at things...
When life gives you lemons, buy amplifiers.

Offline sunn-tanned

Now that's cool, I heard but haven't seen the cammo Penetrator before.
 :-D
For some reason these two were posted in the “Possible to revamp the Sunn Museum?” thread.  :?

that is 1 of teds personal heads i believe where gave away in a contest to the fans

Offline sunn-tanned

:-D
Okay....think this thread started over 8 years ago!

My number 5 Enforcer this with 4X12 just purchased on its way!

Can't believe I'm still collecting them....but how can you resist!
 :wink:

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
Easy for the rest of us to resist. You already have them all!
Isaac

Offline Watson

• House Kustoms Guitars and Amps
Easy for the rest of us to resist. You already have them all!

Indeed...minus 2  :-o