Author Topic: SPL-8815 resale value?  (Read 2913 times)

Offline IdentityDevice

SPL-8815 resale value?
« on: November 22, 2013, 12:33:55 am »
hey guys.  I have a set of SPL-8815 pa speakers.  wondering what the resale of them are.  also had a guy ask me if they were subs or speakers.  thanks a lot :)

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: SPL-8815 resale value?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 05:58:08 am »
The only way you can get an idea of market value is to research the market. The best resource is eBay completed auctions, however there is so little Sunn PA gear listed it's often hard to find a completed auction for comparison.

Set the trend for SPL-8815's; what did you pay for yours? Better yet, how much would you take for them?
There has to be a number you would let them go for, and if you aren't interested in selling, what difference does their resale value make?

Figure out what you would take for them and list them in the classified section, or put them on eBay. That will get you the actual market value quickly!
This isn't a "troll for bids" site, it isn't set up for that like eBay is.

Offline IdentityDevice

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 07:33:14 am »
Yeah ive tried googling and ebay and cant find anything on them.  I actually didnt pay anything for them.  They were here when i moved into my house and i dont use them and i play instrumental music but came across a guy looking for subs/pa speakers for his church and i have no idea what they are worth.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 11:12:43 am »
Here's what I found: http://products.ebates.com/in_store_used_used_sunn_spl8815_passive_pa_speaker_standard_114540009.php

They're asking $43 for their SPL-8815.

There's also the music gear blue book. Dunno what they set the value at. Keep in mind, though, that these are suggested prices. What you'd take and what someone else would give are not necessarily anywhere near what ebates or Blue Book say it should be.
Isaac

Offline IdentityDevice

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 04:53:40 pm »
thanks so much Issac.  really appreciate your help man.  yeah seems a little low right?  but could be just cause I want to get more for them haha.  i'll keep looking around.  thanks again!!!!!!!!!

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 09:52:18 am »
The price is always too low for the seller, and too high for the buyer!  :wink:
Isaac