Author Topic: For sale; Sunn 115RH bass cabinet  (Read 6193 times)

Offline OR120

For sale; Sunn 115RH bass cabinet
« on: June 30, 2011, 12:39:51 pm »
This is a reasonably clean 115RH red logo Sunn cabinet. It's located in NC, about 30 miles north of Charlotte. It's loaded with an 8 ohm 70's square magnet CTS or Eminence speaker, but is not the original speaker. Sounds good, but if I were gigging I'd look for something that would move some air. Like it sits, 275.00
   I'd love for this to be a pickup, but I'd also like it to go to a good home! That being said, boxing is going to be a pain, so be patient! If someone wants it I'll put the word out to all my HVAC/Appliance friends for a box, because right now we don't have anything that works. I also attend several vintage shows, depending on your rush I could deliver to Philly, Nashville, Orlando, Charlotte, anywhere I might be headed.
    I'll check to see if I have any pop out castors that would work.
     Thanks!
          Chip

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 01:14:16 pm by OR120 »
Chip Coleman
Coleman Music
China Grove, NC, 28023
704 857 5705

Offline grimniggzy

Re: For sale; Sunn 115RH bass cabinet
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 01:02:52 pm »
Would for the right price.
I'm in Philly.
Sunn Coliseum Bass--->Sunn 215B
Sunn Beta Bass--->Ampeg 410HLF
Sunn Beta Lead--->Marshall 4X12
2 Sunn Concert Basses
3 Fender P's, 1 Fretless J, 2 Statss, AmpegPlexiBass
OC-2 + QTrons + RATs + VTBass

Offline madaradio

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 07:36:48 pm »
If someone wants it I'll put the word out to all my HVAC/Appliance friends for a box, because right now we don't have anything that works.

Just an idea, but what I always do when shipping cabs is to go hit up a furniture store and ask to raid their recycling bin.  99% of the time they say yes because you're actually doing them a favor.  Look for the cardboard that was used to ship fridges and stoves.  It's highly doubtful that the box will fit exactly so just cut the cardboard to the dimensions of what you're shipping and make a custom box.  Use duct tape to seal it and you're good to go.  Also, if you want to go the extra mile which I always do, wrap the cab in Styrofoam for an added level of protection.  You can get the large 3'x8' sheets at hope depot and such for under $10.

I shipped a 2000s cab this way.  Can't get much bigger then that.  Apparently it arrived safely which is a good thing! :)

Offline CLD

• Sunn Sorado
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 01:05:03 pm »
Furniture/appliance stores are good. I'm partial to auto dealers because they have sturdy boxes in a wide range of shapes and sizes.
Sunn since June 1971!
1971 Sorado, 2000S, Coliseum Bass, Coliseum Lead
1970 200S; 1974 Coliseum 880

Offline OR120

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 01:12:54 pm »
I'm across the street from NAPA, but he doesn't get many big boxes. I live in a somewhat rural area, and all the appliance stores are like Lowes, Best Buys- they won't give me any boxes. Seriously. I've asked, and it's policy not to give them out. I do have an HVAC company up the street and sometimes I can score a big box from them, something a heat pump came in.
   I forgot to list a price. I hate in when folks do that, and here I've gone and done it. I'm shooting for 275.00
Chip Coleman
Coleman Music
China Grove, NC, 28023
704 857 5705