Author Topic: did you know?  (Read 4294 times)

Offline tacklebox455

• meh'
did you know?
« on: September 02, 2011, 07:50:14 pm »
heres a list of brands of tubes owned by new sensor(aka electro harmonix)

electro harmonix (rebranded sovtek)  ok tubes but just missing something and most are microphonic
tung-sol (made to vintage specs and some new types) i bought 12 new 12AX7s after comparing 3 vintage tung-sols with the new ones and i was blew away almost dead on same goes for the new vs vintage 6550's
mullard    
genalex(gold loin) not worth the high cost to me
svetlana (only own the rights to the svetlana name and distribution rights real svetlana are winged c)
sovtek there ok in some amps but not my cup of tea
JJ tesla (distributed by new sensor)

also FMIC owns the following brands
   Squier
Gretsch (In late 2002, Gretsch and Fender reached an agreement giving Fender most control over marketing, production and distribution of guitars (although the Gretsch family still owns Gretsch Guitars).
Jackson Guitars
Charvel
Hamer same as what i wrote for gretsch
Tacoma
Guild Guitar Company so far so good but time will tell
SWR Sound Corporation
Sunn  dont even have to comment
Brand X
Orpheum
Olympia
Heartfield
Starcaster
groove tubes some are ok some are not up to you
evh with a 85% lemon rate i stay away
de armond

they just bought another company but can't remember who

didnt know how many people knew this posted because of a guy at guitar center argued with me for a hour over how ehx tubes where the best there is and that tung-sol and jj where crap so then i showed him the website of new sensor lol anyway i gave some opinions to the sides of some brands
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 01:21:24 am by tacklebox455 »
1975 Sunn model T
2007Crate Blue voodoo BV 120(mercury magnetics upgraded)
Randall RT 503
Jet City JCA 22H
Creepy fingers harakiri superfuzz
Creepy fingers doomidrive
Earthbound Audio supercollider
Malekko Plus Ultra 213

Offline MammothVolume

Re: did you know?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 08:34:09 pm »
Fender owns EHX? Fender owned Jackson, and Gretsch, and Dearmond... Sunn...

Offline tacklebox455

• meh'
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 08:45:00 pm »
no they dont own ehx the fmic was just a freebie  although at the rate there buying it wouldnt surprise me to see them buy ehx gonna cost them thou that dude is money hungrey always has been
1975 Sunn model T
Randall RT 503
Jet City JCA 22H
Malekko Plus Ultra 213

Offline tacklebox455

• meh'
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 08:46:11 pm »
i didnt know fender owned grestch until i got ready to buy a jet and got it home and was doing the warrenty stuff
1975 Sunn model T
Randall RT 503
Jet City JCA 22H
Malekko Plus Ultra 213

Offline Soundmasterg

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 12:58:01 am »
You should really check your sources before you post stuff like this.

New Sensor owns the rights to the Svetlana "name" in the US and Canada. In the rest of the world, the Svetlana factory in St. Petersburg Russia owns the rights to the Svetlana name. As a result, the Svetlana factory sells their tubes in the US as Winged C. The "Svetlana's that New Sensor sells are not the same tubes as those from the Svetlana factory in Russia and are not as good. See the link. http://www.wingedc.com/

New Sensor does not own the rights to JJ or Tesla. Tesla was a company from Czechoslovakia. When the iron curtain went down, the factory pretty much folded. Their older tubes are very well regarded these days. One of their employees, Jamona Jurcho bought remnants of the company and started production of tubes in 1994 in one of the old factories. This is the present JJ Electronic and it is owned by Mr. Jurcho. They make excellent tubes.

Also, Fender does not "own" Gretsch. They signed an exclusive distribution deal with the Gretsch family years ago, which ended up becoming a deal where for all intensive purposes, they operate Gretsch, but the Gretsch family still owns Gretsch guitars.

Greg

Offline tacklebox455

• meh'
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 01:08:16 am »
i went from what there websites tell me thats all i posted the way newsensors site explains it they own all brands i listed and have the rights to those brands same as fmic site and my own dealings with the warrenty dept when my gretsch pro jet had to be sent back i had to send it to the fender mailing address

but what you posted is good to know and i'm glad that you corrected what was wrong i'll have to check this out further myself
1975 Sunn model T
Randall RT 503
Jet City JCA 22H
Malekko Plus Ultra 213

Offline tacklebox455

• meh'
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 01:12:33 am »
You should really check your sources before you post stuff like this.

New Sensor owns the rights to the Svetlana "name" in the US and Canada. In the rest of the world, the Svetlana factory in St. Petersburg Russia owns the rights to the Svetlana name. As a result, the Svetlana factory sells their tubes in the US as Winged C. The "Svetlana's that New Sensor sells are not the same tubes as those from the Svetlana factory in Russia and are not as good. See the link. http://www.wingedc.com/

Greg

so i take it from the link as long as my svetlana tubes are labeled winged c then there the real deal and if there just labeled svetlanna with there S logo then there ehx tubes?
1975 Sunn model T
Randall RT 503
Jet City JCA 22H
Malekko Plus Ultra 213

Offline tacklebox455

• meh'
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 01:22:47 am »
i revised my post if anyone else see anything that doesnt look quite right please let me know.

i'm guessing the reason i had to send my gretsch to fender is because they handle 90% of gretsch now
1975 Sunn model T
Randall RT 503
Jet City JCA 22H
Malekko Plus Ultra 213

Offline Soundmasterg

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 06:47:14 pm »
i went from what there websites tell me thats all i posted the way newsensors site explains it they own all brands i listed and have the rights to those brands same as fmic site and my own dealings with the warrenty dept when my gretsch pro jet had to be sent back i had to send it to the fender mailing address

but what you posted is good to know and i'm glad that you corrected what was wrong i'll have to check this out further myself

That looks better. Thanks for doing the corrections.

New Sensor is one of many who sell tubes (and other products). Some of the ones they sell, they manufacture through their factory in Russia. Others that they sell, they are just a re-seller. Other places you can get tubes are Antique Electronics Supply, Eurotubes, etc.

As far as Svetlana, if they were made before the late 90's, then they will be "real" Svetlanas from the St. Petersburg factory. If they were made after that and say Svetlana on them, then they are from the Saratov factory that New Sensor owns and are not the same as the Winged C you can buy now.

Greg

Offline tacklebox455

• meh'
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 09:28:56 pm »
yeah i dont wanna put anything up thats misleading or a big fat lie , i checked my 6L6's my older quad are the real deal svetlana's the new ones are the new sensor one's i can tell a difference but not so much that i'm gonna stop using them i may in fact liek the new sensor ones better for high gain they seem to compress easier but then again i'm running soft break up and running them really hot.

1975 Sunn model T
Randall RT 503
Jet City JCA 22H
Malekko Plus Ultra 213