Author Topic: SUGARTRAIN- Tasmanisn, Aus. band that uses Sunn 300T bass amp  (Read 2421 times)

Offline rodl2005

SUGARTRAIN- Tasmanisn, Aus. band that uses Sunn 300T bass amp
« on: August 28, 2006, 08:56:32 pm »
 :-D   HI guys- this is my 1st post here :-o   SO    HELLO all U SUNN users!! :wink:

I live down under down under(that is Tasmania Australia)   island state, so we're a bit Isolated.
      Just bought myself a Fender bassman 300 pro(which was the Sunn 300T-so I discovered)-  I actually haven't got it yet- shop has to order it in from Sydney-  so I'm one anxious bassist.
        I was brought up on tube bass amps ( I'm 42 yrs now)& ALWAYS used tubes until a couple of yrs ago, when I tried an Ashdown bass amp at a 'share yr gear'  many bands-type of gig.  I was very impressed with the Ashdown & so went on a "tone hunt"    the tube amp I was using at the time( & had been for 12 or so yrs) was actually an old '70's Aus. P.A. head- but it did the job good!  But I must've been a bit uninspired by it .......    So I ended up -to cut a long story...-  buying a Ampeg SVT3PRO-  still have it but it's getting traded in on the 300 bassman/T-  Now thats a lovely amp, lovely tone, BUT it doesnt "FEEL" the same to me as my old tube friends I've known.     So-again to cut a....-   I've ended up buying a Fender bassman 300 pro(or SUNN 300T)   & CANT WAIT TO GET BACK 2 USING TUBES IN THE POWER SECTION AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
           Cheers,
                        Rod.

Offline rodl2005

Re: SUGARTRAIN- Tasmanisn, Aus. band that uses Sunn 300T bass amp
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 03:42:32 am »
 :-D           Just got my Fender Bassman 300pro/Sunn 300t    TODAY      Cant wait to gig it this weekend-will post my views after!    Only tried it out in the shop briefly-luvley then tho!!!! :evil:
                                                                         Rod.