Author Topic: Sentura II & Septer Differences????  (Read 1702 times)

Offline HRobert

Sentura II & Septer Differences????
« on: July 10, 2008, 06:56:48 pm »
Here I go again asking for infor between the Sentura II and the Septer.  I just read a classified ad on this site that advertised a Septer amp.  The ad said that the amp was 100 watts.  My Sentura II was rated at 60 Watts.  I have the schematics for both and i can't see alick of defference between the two. Both have the same tubes including the KT88's.  Why is the Septer rated at 40 watts more than the Sentura II if the schematics apear to be alike.  What amd I missing :?  Bob

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: Sentura II & Septer Differences????
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 04:13:40 pm »
A Sceptre isn't 40 watts more than a Sentura II, regardless of what you saw advertised. Both are 60 watts.
The difference between the two amps is that the Sentura II came with a 2X15 JBL D130 (D15S) cabinet and the Sceptre came with a 4X12 Sunn Transducer loaded cabinet.

Offline HRobert

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 08:57:34 am »
Thanks for the info, Ed.  Finally! I found out my answer.  I guess some people who advertise tend to boost te stated wattage higher thn normal.  Regardless, a 60 watt Sentura going through 2 15" JBL D or K 130 really cranks.

Bob

Offline xsolarusx

• Black Faxes
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 02:31:12 pm »
Can you provide a link to the ad?

People often say 100watts because Sunn amps are known to be rated conservatively.  That being said, I guess the seller didn't specify that actual rating of the amp.

Take care!

Thanks for the info, Ed.  Finally! I found out my answer.  I guess some people who advertise tend to boost te stated wattage higher thn normal.  Regardless, a 60 watt Sentura going through 2 15" JBL D or K 130 really cranks.

Bob
(2) 73 1st Gen Model T
Late 70's Marshall JCM 800 1960B cab

Offline Soundmasterg

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 05:42:28 pm »
Some people will also read the wattage draw from the AC line that is sometimes noted on a sticker on the back of the amp, and think that is the power wattage the amp puts out, which is false of course.

Greg