Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10
Q & A / Sunn 200s running on 6L6 tubes?!
« Last post by Pacafeliz on April 07, 2024, 08:16:31 am »
Hey folks, nice to be back after many years of absence!
I'm back here in Mexico and happened to pick up an old 200s, and it's working. But i did realize it has a pair of 6L6 tubes instead of KT88s - that can't be right, right? The rectifier is a 5U4.
Original owner says he's been running it like that for the last 20-30 years!
The outputs on the back are not marked what impedance they take, so i guess it's 8 and 4, right?
So my brother has a big Fender Dual Showman cab here, which should be 4 ohms, so I connected that one.
No nasty noises, good sound, but one of the power tubes was massively redplating,  so i shut it off.
Will take it back to Germany with me and get some KT88 first,  then have my tech guy check it out.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Pat.
General Discussion / ATTENTION SPAMMERS
« Last post by loudthud on April 01, 2024, 10:05:04 am »
Attention Spammers.

Any thread with more than one question mark in the title will be deleted.
General Discussion / Re: How do I respond on forum.sunnstillshines.online ??
« Last post by loudthud on March 19, 2024, 11:34:46 am »
Ask any 8 year old.
General Discussion / How do I respond on forum.sunnstillshines.online ?
« Last post by Juliaabcx on March 19, 2024, 10:43:27 am »
How can I respond to a thread? 
 Could it be that my writing approach is not correct?
I would appreciate some assistance. 
 With respect.
Sunn amps prior to the mid 70s had "Ultra-Linear" (a technical term) output stages with extended low frequency response. When Fender tried Ultra Linear output stages, they didn't have the extended low frequency response Output transformers like Sunn did. This gives Sunn amps more Authority in the low end when you tune your guitars down to C.

Duplicate entries you posted have been removed.
 Can someone respond how to modify the passphrase ??
What am I doing incorrectly? 
 Require your help.
Thank you.
Has anyone ever delved deep into what truly makes Sunn amps stand out in a sea of competitors? Is there some secret component or design philosophy that elevates their sound, or is it all just a matter of clever branding and the mystique of rarity? Let's dissect the myths and facts to uncover the true essence of Sunn's legendary tone.

https://contactmeasap.com/blog/life-as-an-inmate-in-a-federal-prison-using-text-messaging-apps/
I've seen a lot of love for various Sunn models in the doom metal community, but the Solarus seems to get less attention than, say, the Model T. However, given its rich, powerful lows and ability to project haunting mids, shouldn't we be considering the Solarus as the ultimate doom metal amp? What are your thoughts and experiences in pushing this beast to its doom-laden limits?

https://contactmeasap.com/blog/17-indications-you-work-with-key-word/
You started this thread, maybe it's all in your head.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10