Author Topic: Sunn Cabinet Speakers  (Read 8431 times)

Offline tube

Sunn Cabinet Speakers
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2003, 11:38:51 pm »
Dave Foxx

very cool  8)

i worked on an "ebay" concert lead last week that had quite a few capacitors that had outlived their shelf life. some ham-fisted DIY type had used acid core solder and a blowtorch to replace polyethylene caps with rat shack electrolytics. they replaced axial lead caps with radial lead caps, every solder joint was cold, crystallized and fractured (not to mention conforming to the old "the bigger the glob, the better the job" school.) the acid flux had leeched out onto the copper board traces and detached them from the glass. they also must have been color blind as they replaced a 5 watt carbon resistor, orange orange black, with a red red black.

the sound was reminescent of the selenium rectifier "fuzz boxes" i built when i was a teenager, hehe.

best regards, tube
best regards, tube

"i live in an alternate universe, but i have a summer home in reality."

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
Sunn Cabinet Speakers
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2003, 11:01:03 am »
Quote from: Soundmasterg
Hey Isaac, I meant to say that the D series JBL's aren't made anymore, but of course I posted when I was half asleep and thats usually when mistakes happen!
Hey, no prob. I figured it was something like that. I'm just trying to keep it light, and try to be informative at the same time.
Isaac

Offline Jeffery L. Hoyt

!966 Sunn 200 S
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2003, 10:46:26 pm »
Does anyone know where i might get two jbl d 140 f 15's ??? im also looking for some original grill cloth for my two 15 cab . and the sunn cab logo . This is the first sunn bass amp i have ever owned . I have been missing out bigtime . What a $%^&*%#Killer amp !!!!! Hope someone out hthere can help me restore it . Thanks all

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
Sunn Cabinet Speakers
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2003, 02:15:09 pm »
D140s show up on ebay every so often. Not cheap, but that's the open market.
Isaac

Offline claus-t

Sunn Cabinet Speakers
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 05:06:21 pm »
i´ve got a beta lead combo with 2x15 speakers. but i have no idea what these speakers are exactly. any ideas???

thanks!