Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 4121 times)

Offline chokeyou

What are you playing?
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2006, 05:18:04 pm »
right at this moment I've got a sunn/fender model T "reissue" running into a fender showman 4x12 (basically identical to sunn model T reissue cab... as well as a 200S cab I picked up last night with eminence 200W 15"s in it. I play a rickenbacker 650C in montezuma brown and Ive been loving this ibanez jetking1 in offwhite lately...complete with coil taps. Anybody got any ideas to get the bridge pickup to stop feeding back when i stop playing for a second? I kinda like it though...really trashy sounding.

Offline Andrew305

What are you playing?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2006, 11:23:57 am »
I have just purchased some pretty good deals on some Sunn stuff... I use to stack to get the tone I want.. Right now I use as a primary stack, my Marshall Jcm 800 into the SUNN enforcer 4x12a, and a marshall1960B..and then my favorite amp, tone unmatched, is my Sunn SCEPTRE head into my Sunn 6x10L...Iuse this with a morley ABY SWITCH...I also am selling my marshall cabs and getting an Orange 4x12cab soon. GOOD TONE and loud as shit...SUPER loud

Offline gray

What are you playing?
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2006, 12:31:48 pm »
Right now I'm in a state of flux. I was playing a Rickenbacker 4003 through a Sunn Coliseum 300 Bass head with a 68 Sunn 215. However, both amp and cabinet needed work, so I put the Coliseum aside and put new speakers and wiring in the cabinet. Now I am using my (sorry) Ampeg SVT 350 backup amp and the rebuilt 215 also with a great old Rickenbacker 4001 I added to the herd. However, my most recent addition is a seventies Sunn Model T, and I am in the process of trying to get the Coliseum fixed and  to swing a new cabinet so I can play the Model T with most likely an 810 and the Coliseum through the 215 at the same time through the Ric-O-Sound stereo output jack. Not that I need that much power, but this is no time to let reason and ration throw a monkey wrench into it.

Offline djoelrooster

What are you playing?
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 11:51:24 am »
I play a Frankenstein bass that I put together. My current rig is a Fender era Sunn 300T with 2 ampeg 4x10's and an Acoustic 2x15. I just got a Coliseum slave amp that I will eventually run into a Sunn 4x15 (if I can ever get my hands on one).

Offline fatlizzard

What are you playing?
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2006, 11:36:10 am »
I feel that cool vintage amps deserve cool vintage guitars! I have a "67" 200S, a Concert Bass head and a Concert Slave head,My cabs are a 200S with Jbl D140's and a Sunn 3-12S, For recording or smaller rooms I use the 200S head and the D140 cab, for larger rooms I use the Concert Bass and Concert Slave with the 200S cab and 3-12S cab respectively.
I ues a "63" single pickup Gibson Thunderbird and a "69" Gibson EB-1, on occasion I will borrow my brothers Buzzard Bass! To the guy that wants to use two amps with the Rick Bass It will sound great! It's been a good 20 years since I've done it and I don't own any of the gear anymore :cry:  but I had a "73" Rick 4001 bass and I ran the bridge pickup through an original Model T head with a Sunn 610 cab loaded with JBL's ,I ran the neck pickup through a Hi-Watt 200 head with a Sunn 2000S cab with D140's and a prototype Music Man 18" folded Horn Cab.
(THE BASS CAN NEVER BE TOO LOUD !!! )

Offline gray

What are you playing?
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2006, 11:20:55 pm »
I'm glad to hear from someone who's done it! I'm almost there. I got a second cabinet setup (two peaveys- a 210 and a 115, until I can find a nicer Sunn cabinet) which I will use most likely with the Coliseum when I get it fixed. I just got my Model T back from the shop today, so I'm getting closer. And sure, I could do it with any amp, really, but any amp isn't a Sunn, and eventually I want to use as much Sunn equipment as I can.