Author Topic: __190B, 200S__Sorado what are the differences with these? Seem to be the same?  (Read 1668 times)

Offline sunn-tanned

Curious with these amps on how they differ?

:?

Offline 2000s a space odyssey

I've owned or used at one time a 190B,Sorado,Sonic 1-40 and Sonaro and they all were the 60 watt version with 2-6550's.  Under the hood they were all the same.  Just different name plate.  They were all from the late 60's to early 70's with the square pattern grill cloth.  An earlier model would probably have the Dynaco transformers were others might have the Schumacher transformers.  That would be something different.  I have a 1967 Sonic 1 with the old style grill cloth and numbers on the face plate it has the Dynaco's.  Its only a 40 watt head.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
The difference is (was) the speaker cabinet they originally came with. The 200S came with JBL D140 drivers in the cabinet, the Sorado with Sunn drivers.
Isaac

Offline sunn-tanned

I have all three and have never opened them up however they did seem to be all to be pretty much the same.

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
I believe the 190B is SS rectified and rated at 80 watts rather than 60. Other than that it's pretty much the name and as Isaac posts, the speaker configuration they came with.