Author Topic: Beta Lead Combo (2x12) Speaker Question  (Read 2118 times)

Offline 1uncertain3

• Skin Horses' Myspace
Beta Lead Combo (2x12) Speaker Question
« on: April 21, 2008, 01:00:27 pm »
Hello all, thanks for taking the time to read my post.  I have searched high and low for this information but I cannot seem to turn anything up - not even from this site.  As the subject heading states, I have a Beta Lead 2x12 Combo that has two speakers I need help identifying.  These speakers have HUGE square magnets unlike anything I have seen.  I have managed to get some numbers off said magnets but cannot seem to place them to any of the EIA codes, this is more then likely due to the fact that I don't really know how to read these codes.  Here are the codes:

0118 08 273 - this is found on the magnet
108 - also found on the magnet

826091 or 82609I, the last digit/letter is hard to read, it is either a 1 or an I - this code is found on the backside of the speaker cone.

I have just acquired this amp, one or both of the speakers sound blown and need replacing, and I’d like to replace these speakers with the same brand if I cannot repair them.

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: Beta Lead Combo (2x12) Speaker Question
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 07:57:05 pm »
I think those speakers are ceramic magnet CTS drivers, you should be able to find suitable replacements on eBay.

Offline 1uncertain3

• Skin Horses' Myspace
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 09:57:18 pm »
Dear EdBass, that is it!  Thank you very much!

Jay

Offline basiklybass

• My Sunn's
    • The Old Days
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 03:46:20 pm »
There are and were several manufacturers who made speakers with square magnets CTS being one of them.
Sunn did manufacturer loudspeakers of their own for many years. I believe the plant was in Georgia. They made the 9XX series  and somewhere I read they made all of the speakers excepting the JBL's. I think this would have been in the '74 to '80 years. I have reconed several Sunn labeled speakers that do not match the dimensions of other manufacturers, I assumed they were made by Sunn.