Author Topic: Beta lead has red led I get sound from it when plugged in but no light??  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Rgcbases

Hello helpful smart people. My beta lead has no red channel only green. When I plug in to all three jacks I get sound clean tones. But no red led at all any ideas what that is?

Offline Rgcbases

I'm no amp tech but I turned one channel down and the other up and I get some pretty great gritty sound but do both channels always run I read that I think somewhere. I have it posted to sell but I don't want to screw anyone. I also don't want to get ripped off either. I feel like it's just the led light. How can I check it?

Offline BassHog

The Beta heads use C-MOS logic chips to control the channel switching and the LED's.
The most common problem I see on these when one of the LED's does not light up is that one of the C-MOS chips has failed. There are inverter chips, and a boolean logic block chip. The inverter chips are fairly easy to find, the logic chip is harder to find but you can find them on ebay sometimes. A good tech that works on solid state amps and that understands C-MOS logic will be able to fix this easily. Chances are that you are not getting full volume out of the amp as well because the channel switching and led control are in the same chips so you won't get a full on/off signal the the FET switches.

If you in So Cal I can help you, but other than that choose your tech wisely.

67 Sunn Solarus
70 Sunn Sceptre
71 Sunn 350B

Offline Rgcbases

Thanks so much for the help! I live in Nor Cal so unfortunately I'm gonna have to find a good tech in the Bay Area. I think you are right about the volume level too. Seems the other channel is louder in comparison. Guess I will hunt down a tech up here. Thanks again for the help!! I think I'm gonna pull down my listing of it and keep it!