Author Topic: Foot Switch for a Beta Bass Head  (Read 1844 times)

Offline gadgeelvis

Foot Switch for a Beta Bass Head
« on: March 04, 2007, 04:23:11 pm »
Does anyone out there have a Beta Bass head footswitch for sale?  This head is the one that has channel switching capabilities.

Rob

Offline rick.heil

Re: Foot Switch for a Beta Bass Head
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 12:56:42 am »
Rob,

eBay is a decent bet for these switches.  I finally picked one up after having my Beta Lead for about six months (same switch).   There are two versions, one that just does the channels and one that does reverb as well.   If you're very handy with electronics, the service manual is in the museum, you could try to build your own if you could replace the connector.

Price varies, I lucked out and got mine for about $75 with shipping - I've seen them go for $150+ though!

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 06:27:01 am »
I have a couple of Sunn footswitches that I bought during my quest for one that would work my reverb/vibrato on my Solarus.

They didn't work my Solarus, so I have no way of knowing whether or not they even work at all.  I don't know what amp they are for.  I'll try to post pics of them by the weekend.

One of them has two buttons and are labeled at the top In very Large Letters  Vibrato  /  Reverb.   Then in smaller letters underneath it says
Distort / Boost.   If it's the right one, or your willing to take a chance that it is after you see a pic,  I would make you a better deal then indicated in the previous post.  I have no use for it and would be looking to mainly recover what I paid for it.

I'll have to check the other one out when I get home in order to give you a description.  I'll try to post pics of both of them in the next couple of days.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 09:08:16 am »
pickinatit, sounds like the foot switch from a Concert Lead or Concert Bass. I don't know if it will work on the Beta, but my guess is that it will not. It has the dual RCA plug, right?
Isaac

Offline rick.heil

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 11:17:02 pm »
Issac is right, the Beta has a funny twist-lock connector for the footswitch.  I looked quite hard trying to find it somewhere else and failed.  If you wanted to adapt a different footswitch, you could always find another 4-pin connector and rewire it to use that.

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 10:24:43 am »
The two different footswitches I have definetly do NOT have the four pin connector.  The one mentioned above has the dual RCA plugs like Isaac said.   The other one has a single 1/4"  Jack, just like a guitar or speaker cable.