Author Topic: Oct 2016 - New Rogan Plastics Sunn & Music Man Knobs 0-10 with screw  (Read 9315 times)

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
There is a 500 piece minimum order, but I don't have a price quote yet. They are looking for the order that george placed in 2008, if they can't find it they will need me to send them one of the originals for them to give an accurate quote. That's a buuunch of knobs, the high dollar ones popping now almost have to be from that 500 produced in '08 I would think.

Offline Ryan Phelps

EdBass,
Thanks for doing the research on this. Yeah, 500 knobs is a bunch! If we have enough interest, I would be happy to send you one of my reproduction knobs.....I recall that I bought 10 reproduction knobs about 10 years ago ......likely from the batch that George ordered. I've used up half of these knobs on restoration projects. These are the correct style knobs....witch-hat style, silver aluminum insert, numbered 0 - 10, with the correct "rounded shoulder" typeface (not the square-shouldered style for Music Man amps).

See how much Rogan will charge for this 500 knob order. I would be interested in buying a bunch.....depends on the cost.

Thanks!
Ryan

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
EdBass,
Thanks for doing the research on this. Yeah, 500 knobs is a bunch! If we have enough interest, I would be happy to send you one of my reproduction knobs.....I recall that I bought 10 reproduction knobs about 10 years ago ......likely from the batch that George ordered. I've used up half of these knobs on restoration projects. These are the correct style knobs....witch-hat style, silver aluminum insert, numbered 0 - 10, with the correct "rounded shoulder" typeface (not the square-shouldered style for Music Man amps).

See how much Rogan will charge for this 500 knob order. I would be interested in buying a bunch.....depends on the cost.

Thanks!
Ryan

I've still got a few of those repro knobs from George also, still in the blister packs. I agree, they are absolutely dead on.
Hopefully I'll hear something soon, the total cost is going to be the question. I don't remember what the unit cost was for the George knobs in '08, but I remember thinking it was very reasonable.

Offline Soundmasterg

I'm in for probably a fair amount too, but it depends on the per-unit cost of course. I'll continue to wait and see what you're able to come up with. Thanks Ed for your efforts!

Greg

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
I'm sending off one of my original knobs, won't get a chance to do it until next week though. Apparently they can't find the order from George in 2008 to quote me from.
I'll keep everyone in the loop!

Offline Watson

• House Kustoms Guitars and Amps
Any recent development on the possibility of a knob run?

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
I haven't made any headway yet. Two reasons, first I've been traveling pretty extensively, the second reason is more relevant.
When I spoke with Rogan, they told me that someone else, someone who I would absolutely defer to should he decide to move forward, was inquiring about having a run of the same knobs made. I'm thinking that with their 500 unit minimum, 1000 of them would be a serious glut of them in a somewhat limited market.

I haven't heard back from this other party as of yet, however I will send the "George" knob, sitting in front of me as I type this, to Rogan next week and at least get the firm quote and report back.

Offline Watson

Re: Oct 2016 - New Rogan Plastics Sunn & Music Man Knobs 0-10 with screw
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2019, 01:38:57 pm »
Any news on the Rogan knob front?

Offline george

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2020, 03:48:24 pm »
I'm backkkk! I found the invoice from Rogan for the 500 unit build I did in 2008 - wow that was long ago. I also found about 30 knobs from that build so if you want any let me know they sure won't be $19 though.

Offline Watson

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2020, 05:10:41 pm »
Please sign me up for 7 knobs. PM me please.

Offline Watson

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2020, 07:39:24 am »
Hi George,

Will you be able to process requests for the knobs soon?

Many thanks,
Steve

Offline Watson

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2020, 09:46:01 am »
Hi George,

I am still wondering about the Rogan knobs you said were available.  I've heard nothing since early October when you mentioned you would be back "next week".

If you can't or aren't going to follow through, please at least let me know that things have changed.

Many thanks,
Steve