Author Topic: Sunn rigs of doom  (Read 158244 times)

Offline snarzdar

• If it's too slow, you're too young.
    • lowered expectations
Re: Sunn rigs of doom
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2010, 10:14:16 am »

Offline doomedfuzz

« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2010, 03:08:19 pm »
Yeah, I can bring the doom. Better wear your earplugs at one our shows.

Offline chev

• feel the tone!
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2010, 08:32:25 pm »

oh yeah, ear plugs let you feeeeel the vibe!

nice rig! I've never seen this Sunn head?

any myspace? I'd like to ear that!
Sunn Model T 1st gen+Sunn 215s+Sunn 412s, Sunn Beta Bass+Sunn 215+Sunn Coliseum Slave+2 x Sunn 115

Offline chev

• feel the tone!
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2010, 08:46:20 pm »
Recorded with this set up last night...

clips clips clips...! :-D

Track isn't finished.
http://www.mediafire.com/?odymywhmmzn

cool I like it, I can recognize the sunn growl...!

here's some clips of my last jam with a new drummer...looking forward to build some tunes...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1056367
Sunn Model T 1st gen+Sunn 215s+Sunn 412s, Sunn Beta Bass+Sunn 215+Sunn Coliseum Slave+2 x Sunn 115

Offline Addam

• Opus Noir
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2010, 10:07:43 pm »
Chev, I'm loving those tracks.  Vocals on them are awesome.  Would be really cool to hear them better recorded.

Offline doomedfuzz

« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2010, 07:54:09 pm »

I don't have the Sunn recorded yet, I'll be using it in the studio next month fo sho. We recorded our last two studio songs with Orange Rockerverb 100 and a Matamp GTO120. We will be doing a full studio album and using my Sunn (it is a 1983 Sunn Enforcer pre-Fender buyout and I use a 1970 Sunn cab with it, just nuts - heavy as f#%k is the only way to describe, very pissed off sounding), the Rockerverbs, the Matamp, and an a 74 Orange OR120. I haven't even played a gig with it yet - I will be tomorrow night, we are doing a last minute show as a favor to our singers friend (on a Sunday night, yuk). I blew a speaker in the cab so its getting repaired now (has Sunn Transducers in it) but I'll be using a a really cool purple tolex special edition 80s Marshall cab with Celestion V30s tomorrow for the show (belongs to our other guitarist).

Band is Orthodox Fuzz http://www.myspace.com/orthodoxfuzz out of Fort Worth, TX...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 01:18:47 pm by loudthud »

Offline chev

• feel the tone!
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2010, 08:53:52 pm »

I don't have the Sunn recorded yet, I'll be using it in the studio next month fo sho. We recorded our last two studio songs with Orange Rockerverb 100 and a Matamp GTO120. We will be doing a full studio album and using my Sunn (it is a 1983 Sunn Enforcer pre-Fender buyout and I use a 1970 Sunn cab with it, just nuts - heavy as f#%k is the only way to describe, very pissed off sounding), the Rockerverbs, the Matamp, and an a 74 Orange OR120. I haven't even played a gig with it yet - I will be tomorrow night, we are doing a last minute show as a favor to our singers friend (on a Sunday night, yuk). I blew a speaker in the cab so its getting repaired now (has Sunn Transducers in it) but I'll be using a a really cool purple tolex special edition 80s Marshall cab with Celestion V30s tomorrow for the show (belongs to our other guitarist).

Band is Orthodox Fuzz http://www.myspace.com/orthodoxfuzz out of Fort Worth, TX...

Oh yeah I know your band, I added you in myspace, sounds good! it must be awesome live.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 01:21:54 pm by loudthud »

Offline chev

• feel the tone!
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2010, 09:03:31 pm »
Chev, I'm loving those tracks.  Vocals on them are awesome.  Would be really cool to hear them better recorded.

thanks, yeah the vocal is just the line out of a behringer vocal amp with onboard fx...it does it for a jam recording but it's gonna be better on my real recording setup...

Offline Addam

• Opus Noir
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2010, 01:45:51 am »
Keep me posted.

Offline snarzdar

• If it's too slow, you're too young.
    • lowered expectations
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2010, 06:33:38 pm »
Yeah, Chev. Those practice recordings are legit.

Personally, I'm more fond of lo fi recordings anyways.

Offline doomedfuzz

« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2010, 04:32:04 pm »
Played my Enforcer at a gig for the first time the other night - I played through a Marshall cab with V30s since my 1970 Sunn cab is in the shop. Sounded amazing, I didn't think it was very loud through that Marshall but damn, in a big open room it REALLY projected well, I was surprised. In practice I play it on 8 through that cab (lower even through the Sunn cab) and it seems only moderately loud, but we were killing the sound guy and I turned it down to 6 and it was still very loud. Sounded huge and fuzzy just the way I like it and meshed very well with the other guitarist "Black" Matamp GTO 120. In fact I was getting so much bass response out of it, I played on my Flying V's bridge pickup (500T) which I never do, that brightened it up enough. It is interesting how different room will react to different amps.

Offline greatcop73

« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2010, 02:27:03 pm »

Offline stanner

• s t a n o s a u r
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2010, 03:14:49 pm »
that fender amp in there throws off the pix for me-purist that i am 8-)
AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Offline chev

• feel the tone!
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2010, 10:43:39 am »
oh yeah!! that must be loud! 3 model T!!! OMG!

here's a last pic of my actual setup, looking forward to move in a bigger practice room...wil have space for my 3rd head...Solarus into Traynor 2x15...by the time I find a decent 4x12 or even better a 6x12!

I'm working on some more clips to come of that session, I'm happy I finally found my drummer who's a co-worker!

He as a black doom background and were gonna mix that with my sludge doom preference...so it's gonna be super fast and super slow...with a dark ambiance at all time! oh yeah! I'm also going in the Drop A route on my baritone...got low-end! :evil:

clips to come...