Author Topic: where can i find replacement pots for beta bass? any info?  (Read 1360 times)

Offline greengass

where can i find replacement pots for beta bass? any info?
« on: January 03, 2005, 10:19:03 pm »
hello,
just picked up an 80's (late 70's?) beta bass...some of the pots are damaged and need replaced. i am having a terrible time trying to find these. can anyone point me in the right direction on this one? any help at all would be great.
thanks,
j.

Offline Don T.

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 04:16:45 pm »
Hello:
 I'm having to scrounge through my attic stuff so I will take a look. I think I have a preamp section that got broken during shipment. The pots will be used but will work. I don't know if you will find a direct match for the pot. However, you might consider getting a replacement with the same shaft and just solder the legs off of the old pot onto it. Or you could use wire and just have the pot secured to the front panel. Well anyway, there's a couple of options for you.
Don T.

If it's too loud, you're too old.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 10:41:36 am »
hey!
i found a couple of substitutes to replace the 100k pots. and am considering using them if i cannot scalp some original sunn pots from an old amp or whatever.

however, the level pots are the real oddballs, 1meg double linears that are nice and tight little blue boxes, not stacked or whatever....so, if you in fact do have an old pre-amp, i would definitely be interested!

thanks for your time and effort.
take care,
j.

p.s. the amp is a '79 if that helps...