Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving!  (Read 1607 times)

Offline sundhy

• http://c.sundholm@comcast.net
Happy Thanksgiving!
« on: November 21, 2007, 03:55:20 pm »
 :lol:

Hey, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you Sunn gear heads.  It is very satisfying to know that so many of you are fans of the early Sunn products.  I continue to receive request to build replicas of Pre-Fender Sunn cabinets.

We are so blessed to live in a country where anything is possible if one just applies themselves with perseverance and hope.  I met last night with another Sunn amp user from the late 60's.  He was a young "long-haired" employee back then and became an expert at doing grill cloth.  He is now a successful remodeling contractor.  (Still has long hair in a ponytail)  Ain't it great!

Conrad Sundholm
Great tone my passion.

Offline cromag

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 07:17:55 pm »
as great as it would be to be able to run down to my local shop and order a NEW sunn cabinet, i think that it is even better to always be on the hunt for the next "vintage" sunn score.   and the excitement that come along with the actual score is irreplacable.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 08:12:09 am »
Maybe so, but some of those old cabinets are nearly impossible to find. I don't think of myself as a collector, but a performer. Gotta have gear to gig with, and nothing I've found sounds like the old Sunn gear.
Isaac

Offline cromag

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 01:28:51 pm »
"and nothing I've found sounds like the old Sunn gear"

my point exactly!

Offline made by hand

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 06:32:56 pm »
vintage sunn amps...ya...you can't beat em..i plugged into my first 2oos back in 1968...the whole band turned around and said...WOW...now...i have a dozen...giged everyone of them....lucky me......

Offline kineticturtle

• Falls Protocol
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 11:12:18 am »
now...i have a dozen...giged everyone of them....lucky me......

So that's where they all went!  :lol: